How do I find where P&R has placed my BRAM?

Started by Symon May 11, 2004
Hi,
I use Data2Mem to load a V2Pro BRAM. I'd rather not lock the position of the
BRAM just yet, so how do I automate the process of finding where place and
route has put my BRAM? Using FPGA viewer is getting to be a pain.
TIA, SYms.

> so how do I automate the process of finding where place and > route has put my BRAM?
you need a .bmm file (Block RAM Memory Map) ... it contains the names of the blockrams... If you put this file in the project tree (asigned to the toplevel) then place&route will create a second .bmm file with the location of the blockrams ... I'm sorry - I don't know how to create these files manually ... In my case they are created by the EDK (platgen I think) bye, Michael
Hi Michael,
Thanks, that fixed it! You leave out the LOC in the BMM, and then P&R copies
the BMM and adds the LOC in. Just to clarify to anyone else reading, in my
build process, I 'added' the BMM file to the top level EDIF file in
Navigator.
Thanks again and cheers, Syms.