using FPGA editor to set IOSTANDARD

Started by Steve Ravet October 26, 2010
I need to add an output pin to my design (virtex6), driven constantly high.
I've added a new OBUF, OLOGIC, and TIEOFF, and created the routes between
them.  I have one DRC warning, that the ISTANDARD of the OBUF isn't set.  If
I look at the properties of the OBUF I see that there is nothing in the
OSTANDARD parameter.  It should be LVCMOS25.  How do I change it?  It
doesn't seem to be editable in the properties dialog, and I don't see it in
the component edit view.

I've already got the change in my RTL for when I run the design next, I just
want to edit my existing design for now.

thanks,
--steve

Steve

You need to switch the FPGA Editor into editing mode. Click on
"edirmode" to toggle into editing mode and open the the I/O cell with
"editblock" command. You should set the background set darker
indicating the correct mode and you will be able to set the
properties.

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd.- Home of Raggedstone2. The Spartan-6 PCIe Development
Board.

On 26 Oct, 18:10, "Steve Ravet" <steve.ra...@arm.com> wrote:
> I need to add an output pin to my design (virtex6), driven constantly hig=
h.
> I've added a new OBUF, OLOGIC, and TIEOFF, and created the routes between > them. =A0I have one DRC warning, that the ISTANDARD of the OBUF isn't set=
. =A0If
> I look at the properties of the OBUF I see that there is nothing in the > OSTANDARD parameter. =A0It should be LVCMOS25. =A0How do I change it? =A0=
It
> doesn't seem to be editable in the properties dialog, and I don't see it =
in
> the component edit view. > > I've already got the change in my RTL for when I run the design next, I j=
ust
> want to edit my existing design for now. > > thanks, > --steve
Hi John, I've already done that, I had to do it to add the ologic, tieoff,
and obuf to the design, to create the routing, etc.  When open the IO cell
for editing in FPGA editor I see checkboxes for PULLTYPE, DIFF_TERM, and
IBUF_LOW_PWR.  I don't see anything related to IOSTANDARD in the IO cell
view.

If I right click the OBUF and look at properties, I see the IOSTANDARD on
the configuration tab, but apparently not editable.  Although I will say
that FPGA editor in Linux goes have some GUI/mouse/focus issues, so maybe I
should be able to type into the parameter fields of the properties dialog
box, and linux/X is preventing it.

thanks,
--steve

On Oct 26, 10:58=A0am, "Steve Ravet" <steve.ra...@arm.com> wrote:
> Hi John, I've already done that, I had to do it to add the ologic, tieoff=
,
> and obuf to the design, to create the routing, etc. =A0When open the IO c=
ell
> for editing in FPGA editor I see checkboxes for PULLTYPE, DIFF_TERM, and > IBUF_LOW_PWR. =A0I don't see anything related to IOSTANDARD in the IO cel=
> view. > > If I right click the OBUF and look at properties, I see the IOSTANDARD on > the configuration tab, but apparently not editable. =A0Although I will sa=
> that FPGA editor in Linux goes have some GUI/mouse/focus issues, so maybe=
> should be able to type into the parameter fields of the properties dialog > box, and linux/X is preventing it. > > thanks, > --steve > > "John Adair" <g...@enterpoint.co.uk> wrote in message > > news:c201a335-d459-4eed-8113-a8e3c59ef99b@u10g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... > Steve > > You need to switch the FPGA Editor into editing mode. Click on > "edirmode" to toggle into editing mode and open the the I/O cell with > "editblock" command. You should set the background set darker > indicating the correct mode and you will be able to set the > properties. > > John Adair > Enterpoint Ltd.- Home of Raggedstone2. The Spartan-6 PCIe Development > Board. > > On 26 Oct, 18:10, "Steve Ravet" <steve.ra...@arm.com> wrote: > > > > > I need to add an output pin to my design (virtex6), driven constantly > > high. > > I've added a new OBUF, OLOGIC, and TIEOFF, and created the routes betwe=
en
> > them. I have one DRC warning, that the ISTANDARD of the OBUF isn't set.=
If
> > I look at the properties of the OBUF I see that there is nothing in the > > OSTANDARD parameter. It should be LVCMOS25. How do I change it? It > > doesn't seem to be editable in the properties dialog, and I don't see i=
> > in > > the component edit view. > > > I've already got the change in my RTL for when I run the design next, I > > just > > want to edit my existing design for now. > > > thanks, > > --steve- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text -
After you open the OBUF cell using the "Edit Block" button. Click the "F=3D" icon to add the function/attribute editor and then type in your desired IO standard into OSTANDARD field. Ed McGettigan -- Xilinx Inc.

"Ed McGettigan" <ed.mcgettigan@xilinx.com> wrote in message news:dd44fdde-353d-42f1-ba12-cbd1f5bb154d@30g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...

After you open the OBUF cell using the "Edit Block" button. Click the
"F=" icon to add the function/attribute editor and then type in your

--
Xilinx Inc.

Thanks Ed, just what I was looking for.

--steve