QuartusII Ver11.0 programmer problems?

Started by Nial Stewart August 5, 2011
I have a client who is trying to use the QuartusII Ver 11.0
stand alone programmer to program a Cyclone IV board, and is having
problems and his machine isn't seeing the programmer (It's an Entner
EEBlaster but it also can't see a Terasic blaster so I'm confident
that isn't the problem).

Version 9.0 of the programmer can see it OK but can't drive the Cyclone IV
on his board.

Has anyone seen any problems like this before and have any recommendations?

Thanks for any pointers,

Nial Stewart

Nial Stewart Developments Ltd        Tel: +44 131 516 8883
32/12 Hardengreen Business Park      Fax: +44 131 663 8771
Dalkeith, Midlothian
EH22 3NX
www.nialstewartdevelopments.co.uk

"Nial Stewart" <nial*REMOVE_THIS*@nialstewartdevelopments.co.uk> wrote in
message news:9a2gthFnv8U1@mid.individual.net...
>I have a client who is trying to use the QuartusII Ver 11.0 > stand alone programmer to program a Cyclone IV board, and is having > problems and his machine isn't seeing the programmer (It's an Entner > EEBlaster but it also can't see a Terasic blaster so I'm confident > that isn't the problem). > > Version 9.0 of the programmer can see it OK but can't drive the Cyclone IV > on his board. > > Has anyone seen any problems like this before and have any > recommendations? > > > Thanks for any pointers,
Hello, I had problems when installed very old FTDI drivers. Altera programmer gets frustrated when any FTDI chip is connected, but works if drivers are new. Tell the customer to unplug all the USB<->UART devices firstly or better to unplug everything from the USB, except the programmer. Regards, Tomas D.
> Hello, > I had problems when installed very old FTDI drivers. Altera programmer gets frustrated when any > FTDI chip is connected, but works if drivers are new. Tell the customer to unplug all the > USB<->UART devices firstly or better to unplug everything from the USB, except the programmer.
For future reference.... He got things working by installing Q 11 but pointing his machine at the Q 9 driver files. Nial.