FPGARelated.com
Forums

Expect Downtime

Started by stephaneb 4 years ago14 replieslatest reply 4 years ago286 views

Edit #1 01/19 10:12am: well, false start with the new host.  Their migration team was supposed to help me through the process this morning but I am not hearing from them.  So the migration/downtime will either happen later today or some other time.  I will keep you posted.

Edit #2 01/19 3:44pm - beginning of migration now scheduled for 4pm EST.  Fingers crossed!

Edit #3 01/19 5:56pm - I think we are done!  Will be running many tests tonight - please let me know if you into any issue, thanks!

Hello!

Tomorrow, Sunday 01/19, I am doing something scary.

For ten years now, the Related sites have been hosted by the same company that used to be called Servint before it got acquired by Leaseweb.  They used to be a leader VPS provider but not anymore - new leaders have emerged and moving to a new host has been on my to-do list for too long now. . 

Although I have planed this move as well as I could, downtime is inevitable and errors will be encountered.  

You can expect some periods of downtime between 9:30am (EST) and noon and possibly error messages here and there during the day while I solve every migration issue one by one.

By Monday, my hope is that the Related sites will be on cruise control and delivering great content faster than ever.  

Wish me luck and thank you for your patience during the migration.

Stephane

[ - ]
Reply by Rick LyonsJanuary 23, 2020
[ - ]
Reply by DilbertoJanuary 23, 2020

:-)

[ - ]
Reply by drmikeJanuary 23, 2020

Good Luck!

[ - ]
Reply by doneillJanuary 23, 2020

Good luck, Stephane- I enjoy the DSP and FPGA sections of the site immensely- though I've been frustrated by log on problems every time I vist my password must be reset. My most recent mixed signal work has been in ADC Dynamic measurement SNR using coherent sampling technique 

ti_ads5433_160_Megasampbig.jpg

[ - ]

Hello Doneill.

The image you posted looks interesting. What is it? Thanks.

[ - ]
Rick Lyons Edition 1.jpg

Pleased to meet you Mr Lyons, recently (April 2019) revisted your 1st Edition Chapt 5 Intro to FIR moving average car example pp 157 to 174. I bought your book approx 20 yrs ago before taking a graduate class as WA State U in Dig Comm Design and Apps. Yours was the first material I reread because of this forum, went on to reverse engineer Wei-Ta CHu's Fundamentals of DSP Spring 2012 class notes- developed around McClellan, Schafer, Yoder's Signal Processing First, 2003. In parallel also delved back into the text book I grew up on- Yale's Roman Kuc's 1988 Intro to DSP while also discovering Lonnie Ludeman's 1998 Fundamentals of DSP and writing out the problem solutions. Goal is to render paper which re-teaches enough math for test engineers including myself to understand mixed signal instruments and test techniques to integrate w/ the VLSI Digital tester myself and my partners have developed   www.at-spex.com

So the image you though might be interesting is bench test SNR datalog of +/-12V 40MHz TI Mil Sampling ADC using Texas Instruments' excellent TSW1100 TI Capture card and it's associated ADC Eval SW. We designed the green interposer board between the TI Capture card, the ADC DUT and the test instruments.  The interposer accepts the external dual Agilent 80 MS/s AWG's cables which we used coherently as the input sine wave and the sampling clock, distributes power and allowed us to remote the DUT socket card so we could test at +125 and -55 C w/ a Thermonics temp forcing elephant trunk.  Pics below- the DUT is the silver hybrid on the green DUT Card.  The interposer mounts 90 degrees vertically to the TI Capture and receives all the cabling, connectors etc. Our plan is to integrate and automate these kind of bench-test setups into our Digital Tester

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.at-spex.com%2F

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.at-spex.com%2F

Coherent Sampling to avoid windowed sampling.jpg

Avoiding windowed sampling:

[ - ]
Hello doneill.  Neat!  Thanks for all the information.  And I agree, "Avoid windowed sampling for A/D converter testing."
[ - ]
Reply by stephanebJanuary 23, 2020

Hello @doneill, thanks for your positive comment!

We'll have to go to the bottom of your login issue once the migration is completed.  I'll be in touch.

[ - ]

Stephane, still must reset my Password every time, but I've gotten so used to it it's part of the process ;)

[ - ]

Just sent you a private message.

[ - ]

Stephane- Is there an IM built into the Related software- I'm not seeing one- so I emailed you from my doneill@aol.com... my plan is to just re-register with my work email danny_atspex@comcast.net and presumably the login-forgot-password problem goes away

[ - ]
Reply by CustomSargeJanuary 23, 2020

Yup - Good Luck! We have an expression: 20 years ago casting metal was fun, now I just want the stinking crescent wrench!  <<<)))

[ - ]
Reply by Georgios_KorJanuary 23, 2020
Staying tuned...
[ - ]

Well, bad start with the new host.  Their migration team was supposed to help me through the process this morning but I am not hearing from them.  So the migration/downtime will either happen later today or some other time.  I will keep you posted.