Reply by Ken Land September 15, 20032003-09-15
Hi Peter,

I haven't formally benchmarked it, but for my Nios compiles with take about
80% of the memory and 50% of the LE's of the big Cyclone (so about 10k) the
P4's seem to do well.

What takes 25+ minutes on my 1GHz PIII takes less than 5 on my 3.2GHz P4 or
even a 2.4GHz.

One thing that seems true no matter the processor is the memory.  QII needs
lots of fast memory.  I only have 500MB in these machines and it could
clearly use more.

Ken

"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@zytor.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, > > I wonder if anyone has benchmarked contemporary high-end desktop > processors -- Athlon, Opteron and P4/Xeon basically -- for which is > better to do Quartus II synthesis? > > -hpa > > -- > <hpa@transmeta.com> at work, <hpa@zytor.com> in private! > If you send me mail in HTML format I will assume it's spam. > "Unix gives you enough rope to shoot yourself in the foot." > Architectures needed: ia64 m68k mips64 ppc ppc64 s390 s390x sh v850 x86-64
Reply by September 15, 20032003-09-15

--
If you send me mail in HTML format I will assume it's spam.