Reply by austin April 14, 20052005-04-14
soos,

Was it: http://www.dyneng.com/pci_lvds.html
or,
another one of the 907 hits on google for:

LVDS Xilinx PCI card

I was just using google to find the card.  A lot of links to wade through.

Good luck,

Austin

soos wrote:

> Austin, hello > > Thank you for your reply. I have visited the site you mentioned but > failed to find > an LVDS card with a pci interface. > > I have noticed that you are a Xlinx member, could you point other > companies that implement LVDS on your FPGAS? > > Thanks in advance, and sorry to bother you, > Marc. >
Reply by soos April 14, 20052005-04-14
Austin, hello

Thank you for your reply. I have visited the site you mentioned but
failed to find
an LVDS card with a pci interface.

I have noticed that you are a Xlinx member, could you point other
companies that implement LVDS on your FPGAS?

Thanks in advance, and sorry to bother you,
Marc.

Reply by John Adair April 12, 20052005-04-12
0201 fits nicely on the 1mm via grid underneath the FPGA allowing the
optimal termination point. 0201 are not generally available in the common
used UK catalogues as yet. Digi-Key do have stock though if you can suffer
the US export questions.

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Broaddown2. The Ultimate Spartan3 Development
Board.
http://www.enterpoint.co.uk

"Nial Stewart" <nial@nialstewartdevelopments.co.uk> wrote in message
>> You can fit yourself if you are very good with a soldering iron but >> beware as the resistor sites are 0201 size. > > 0201! > > I thought 0402 was bad, 0201 must be like dust. > > I presume components this size remove all the headache of decoupling/ > terminating BGA designs, but are they easy to get hold of, and where > do you source them in the UK (they're not in the RS catalogue :-( ). > > > Nial. >
Reply by April 11, 20052005-04-11
Hi,

http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/moelbryn/broaddown2.html
this board looks nice, also the price is okay...

regards,
Benjamin
Reply by Nial Stewart April 11, 20052005-04-11
> You can fit yourself if you are very good with a soldering iron but beware as the resistor sites > are 0201 size.
0201! I thought 0402 was bad, 0201 must be like dust. I presume components this size remove all the headache of decoupling/ terminating BGA designs, but are they easy to get hold of, and where do you source them in the UK (they're not in the RS catalogue :-( ). Nial.
Reply by John Adair April 7, 20052005-04-07
We can offer a hardware solution to this in our Broaddown2 product. We can
support up 17 input lvds pairs and a lot more outgoing. The receive
terminator resistors are an option on the board which can be fitted at the
cost of 30 pounds UK, or equivalent. You can fit yourself if you are very
good with a soldering iron but beware as the resistor sites are 0201 size.

The software side would be a custom design with associate costs and
timescales.

200-400 Mbit/s is achieveable although at 400 MBit/s you will need some care
to get that through-put on the 32bit/33MHz PCI bus.

Details of Broaddown2 on the website listed below.

"soos" <marcsok@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello, > > As a part of a project I am looking for a FPGA on PCI that has 8 LVDS > channels and the driver of this card that enables all the 8 channels of > read and write. > > Total data transfer capacity is 200-400 Mbps. > > Questions are: > > 1.Is this data rate achievable? > 2.Can anyone point a solution for this design? > > Any help will be appreciated, > Thanks in advance, > Marc. >
Reply by cwoodring April 6, 20052005-04-06
I'm using a PMC module from Transtech DSP that comes with an LVDS buffer
module. Not cheap but I am using up to 50 LVDS lines as input/output so I
figured it was better to use a known good buffering/ connector solution. The
FPGA01, 2, and 3 are pretty good solutions if not exactly cheap.
CTW

"soos" <marcsok@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello, > > As a part of a project I am looking for a FPGA on PCI that has 8 LVDS > channels and the driver of this card that enables all the 8 channels of > read and write. > > Total data transfer capacity is 200-400 Mbps. > > Questions are: > > 1.Is this data rate achievable? > 2.Can anyone point a solution for this design? > > Any help will be appreciated, > Thanks in advance, > Marc. >
Reply by soos April 6, 20052005-04-06