Reply by sjulhes November 18, 20052005-11-18
Thank you for your answers.

I installed ISE + EDK 6.2 (without any SP from scratch) on on labtop and it
works fine.

I guess my desktop is corrupted with all these software install/uninstalls !

"sjulhes" <t@aol.fr> a &#4294967295;crit dans le message de news:
437b395e$0$10968$626a14ce@news.free.fr...
> Hi ! > > I installed ISE and EDK 6.2i with SP3, and ISE as a stange behavior. > When I go through steps synthesis, P&R and .bit generation every thing is > ok. > If I launch impact or if I swap to another windows application and back to > ISE, all green marks go back to ? and ISE launches the wholel flow !!!! > It is a big waste of time ! > > Does anyone has a clue ? > > Just one point, there was a ISE 6.3 install on this computer which was not > removed correctly. > > Thank you. > > St&#4294967295;phane. > >
Reply by Newman November 17, 20052005-11-17
Stephane,
  I experienced a somewhat similar problem several months back, and it
too was with ise6.2.  All the project files were on a remote
workstation for some type of corporate back-up thing.  It was rumored
that it did on the fly file compression, had some type of disk file
caching system, any who knows what else.  I tried putting all my files
on the local hard disk, and compiled from there.  That solved my ISE
dependence compiling problem.

-Newman

Reply by Andrew Lohbihler November 17, 20052005-11-17
"sjulhes" <t@aol.fr> wrote in message
> Hi ! > > I installed ISE and EDK 6.2i with SP3, and ISE as a stange behavior. > When I go through steps synthesis, P&R and .bit generation every thing is > ok. > If I launch impact or if I swap to another windows application and back to > ISE, all green marks go back to ? and ISE launches the wholel flow !!!! > It is a big waste of time ! > > Does anyone has a clue ? > > Just one point, there was a ISE 6.3 install on this computer which was not > removed correctly. > > Thank you. > > St&#4294967295;phane. > >
Try using the "Run All" option after right-clicking in iMPACT and see what happens. Could be that you have a corrupted version of ISE 6.2 for which later modules (i.e. ISE 6.3) are in your setup. I would uninstall everything from the Xilinx folder and reinstall from scratch, but saving your projects using the archive option. Also make sure you are using Win XP or 2K pro. -Andrew
Reply by sjulhes November 16, 20052005-11-16