Reply by Noway2 December 28, 20052005-12-28
Yes, this will work fine (it is what I did in my project).  Be sure,
though, that you properly handle the PLL pins.  In my design, I tied
both GNDA_PLL pins to ground and the VCCA_PLL pint to 1.5V with a
.001uF capacitor.  I believe I got the pinning information from the
datasheet.

Reply by Rob December 28, 20052005-12-28
Just make sure that you tie the osc to one of the clock pins that drives
into the global clock network.

"Binary" <binary.chen@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, > > I have a Altera Cyclone chip which is input by a 50MHz osc. I want to > use this 50MHz clock directly without PLL. This means I just use a clk > as input and assign the PIN GCLK to clk. > > Is it OK? > > Thanks in advance. > > ABAI >
Reply by eou4 December 27, 20052005-12-27
No problem.. Using PLL is optional..
If you have a doubt yet, use PLL with 1x, 1 div. setting.
(P.S In subject.. with-> without.. Am I right?)

Reply by Binary December 27, 20052005-12-27