Reply by February 5, 20062006-02-05
have a look at reference designs on the altera and xilinx websites.
And for interfaces take a look at opencores.org, theres a ton of
interface (PCI, USB) and micro-processor
designs available, many of which are written in VHDL

Reply by Pete Fraser February 4, 20062006-02-04
"CMOS" <manusha@millenniumit.com> wrote in message
> hi, > i've completed a introdutory vhdl book and done several small scale > designs using vhdl for FPGA implementations. However the book i read > does not cover any advanced topics or designs that we meet in real > life, like micro-controllers, USB interfaces, etc. i' ve serched the > net for books and tutorials which will discuss advanced topics and > having a moderately complex case study at the end, but found non for > vhdl. If anyone knows any such books, tutorials or other resources, > please let me know.
http://www.ashenden.com.au/designers-guide/DG-intro-lectures.html or, even better, buy his book. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1558606742/sr=1-2/qid=1139103691/ref=sr_1_2/103-7172689-9857457?%5Fencoding=UTF8
Reply by CMOS February 4, 20062006-02-04
hi,
i've completed a introdutory vhdl book and done several small scale
designs using vhdl for FPGA implementations. However the book i read
does not cover any advanced topics or designs that we meet in real
life, like micro-controllers, USB interfaces, etc. i' ve serched the
net for books and tutorials which will discuss advanced topics and
having a moderately complex case study at the end, but found non for
vhdl. If  anyone knows any such books, tutorials or other resources,
please let me know.

CMOS