Reply by mohan November 26, 20032003-11-26
MicroBlaze always jumps to 0x8 or something like that on interrupt. The
initialization code for your application writes the address of your interrupt
handler into this low memory so that when an interrupt occurs, MicroBlaze
jumps to the fixed low address and from there to your interrupt handler.
are interrupts handled? The microblaze jumps to address 0x18, but in my
case that's the bootloader in block ram. And I want to handle the interrupts
in my application of coarse.</blockquote>

Reply by Frank November 26, 20032003-11-26

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3B440.D7C5FFD0

Thank you for your information, I am busy with getting XMK working and =
building an application with his own makefile (which specifies another =
start address as the bootloader). At this moment one thing is not clear =
to me: how are interrupts handled? The microblaze jumps to address 0x18, =
but in my case that's the bootloader in block ram. And I want to handle =
the interrupts in my application of coarse. Is that possible and if so, =
how?

TIA,
Frank

  "mohan" <mohan@xilinx.com> wrote in message =
   =20
  Frank wrote:=20

    Hello,=20
    I have build a bootloader which is located in block ram. Now I want =
to=20
    download my final application to sdram and execute it. If I'm =
correct, I've=20
    to make a linker script in order to make this possible.

  Not necessarily. You can simply specify a different start address for =
your boot loader and your application on the mb-gcc command line. See =
the Makefile_mb.sh and other Makefile*.* files related to MicroBlaze in =
the Xilkernel install area.=20
    Besides this, I want=20
    to use the xilkernel in my application, but not in the bootloader, =
is this=20
    possible?
  Yes.=20
    I guess I have to convert the application.elf file to a binary=20
    file in order to be placed into sdram by the bootloader?!
  Depends on your bootloader. If your bootloader expects binary then you =
have to. I have seen bootloaders  that use other formats as well, such =
as SREC or some application specific encoding.=20
    How are the=20
    interrupts handled? Is the interrupt handler from the bootloader =
used=20
    (because it default jumps to address 0x18)? Can I install a new =
interrupt=20
    handler which is located in my application?!=20
    a lot of questions, I searched at the forums, but there are not much =

    examples available. I'm sure there a people who already did this =
before.=20
    =20

  There are some examples of Xilkernel usage in the install area itself =
(search for print_thread.c).=20
    =20
    Please help,=20
    thanks
------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3B440.D7C5FFD0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Thank you for your information, I am busy with getting XMK working =
and=20
building an application with his own makefile (which specifies another =
start=20
address as the bootloader). At this moment one thing is not clear to me: =
how are=20
interrupts handled? The microblaze jumps to address 0x18, but in my case =
that's=20
the bootloader in block ram. And I want to handle the interrupts in my=20
application of coarse. Is that possible and if so,=20
how?<BR><BR>TIA,<BR>Frank<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"mohan" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:mohan@xilinx.com">mohan@xilinx.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:3FC39566.9B1CF116@xilinx.com">news:3FC39566.9B1CF116@xilinx.=
com</A>...</DIV>&nbsp;=20

  <P>Frank wrote:=20
  <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3D"CITE">Hello,=20
    <P>I have build a bootloader which is located in block ram. Now I =
want to=20
    <BR>download my final application to sdram and execute it. If I'm =
correct,=20
    I've <BR>to make a linker script in order to make this=20
  possible.</P></BLOCKQUOTE>Not necessarily. You can simply specify a =
different=20
  start address for your boot loader and your application on the mb-gcc =
command=20
  line. See the Makefile_mb.sh and other Makefile*.* files related to =
MicroBlaze=20
  in the Xilkernel install area.=20
  <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3D"CITE">Besides this, I want <BR>to use the =
xilkernel in my=20
    application, but not in the bootloader, is this =
<BR>possible?</BLOCKQUOTE>Yes.=20

  <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3D"CITE">I guess I have to convert the =
application.elf file=20
    to a binary <BR>file in order to be placed into sdram by the=20
  bootloader?!</BLOCKQUOTE>Depends on your bootloader. If your =
bootloader=20
  expects binary then you have to. I have seen bootloaders&nbsp; that =
use other=20
  formats as well, such as SREC or some application specific encoding.=20
  <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3D"CITE">How are the <BR>interrupts handled? Is the =
interrupt=20
    handler from the bootloader used <BR>(because it default jumps to =
address=20
    0x18)? Can I install a new interrupt <BR>handler which is located in =
my=20
    application?!=20
    <P>a lot of questions, I searched at the forums, but there are not =
much=20
    <BR>examples available. I'm sure there a people who already did this =
before.=20
    <BR>&nbsp;</P></BLOCKQUOTE>There are some examples of Xilkernel =
usage in the=20
  install area itself (search for print_thread.c).=20
  <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3D"CITE"> <BR>Please help,=20
<BR>thanks</BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3B440.D7C5FFD0--

Reply by mohan November 25, 20032003-11-25
&nbsp;
I've
Not necessarily. You can simply specify a different start address for your
boot loader and your application on the mb-gcc command line. See the Makefile_mb.sh
and other Makefile*.* files related to MicroBlaze in the Xilkernel install
area.
is this
Yes.
to a binary
Depends on your bootloader. If your bootloader expects binary then you
have to. I have seen bootloaders&nbsp; that use other formats as well,
such as SREC or some application specific encoding.
There are some examples of Xilkernel usage in the install area itself (search
for print_thread.c).

Reply by Frank November 25, 20032003-11-25
Hello,

I have build a bootloader which is located in block ram. Now I want to
download my final application to sdram and execute it. If I'm correct, I've
to make a linker script in order to make this possible. Besides this, I want
to use the xilkernel in my application, but not in the bootloader, is this
possible? I guess I have to convert the application.elf file to a binary
file in order to be placed into sdram by the bootloader?! How are the
interrupts handled? Is the interrupt handler from the bootloader used
(because it default jumps to address 0x18)? Can I install a new interrupt
handler which is located in my application?!

a lot of questions, I searched at the forums, but there are not much
examples available. I'm sure there a people who already did this before.

Please help,
thanks