Reply by Gordon Freeman May 8, 20072007-05-08
On May 7, 8:45 pm, Chris <c@c> wrote:
> Gordon Freeman wrote: > > I'm working with DDR SDRAM but I don't know how to choose row address > > and column address. > > Can you help me, please? > > I'm only familiar with SDRAM, DDR should be somewhat similar wrt/ > the commands you must issue (PRECHARGE, ACTIVATE, etc.) > > To get started on the basics: > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SDRAMhttp://download.micron.com/pdf/datasheets/dram/sdram/512MbSDRAM.pdfhttp://www.maxwell.com/pdf/me/app_notes/Intro_to_SDRAM.pdf > > Some technical notes worth reading: > > http://download.micron.com/pdf/technotes/ZT05.pdfhttp://download.micron.com/pdf/technotes/ZT01.pdfhttp://download.micron.com/pdf/technotes/TN4801.pdf > > An interesting article from Ars Technica: > > http://arstechnica.com/paedia/r/ram_guide/ram_guide.part2-4.html > > Hope that helps
Thank you for all!
Reply by Paul May 7, 20072007-05-07
Be aware... DDR SDRAMs have many many other nuances beyond just
selecting addresses properly... tons of startup constraints, all sorts
of timing requirements between operations, etc...   you NEED to read
the datasheet cover to cover about a half a dozen times or you will
absolutely miss something.

On May 7, 5:44 am, Gordon Freeman <gordonfreeman1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone! > I'm working with DDR SDRAM but I don't know how to choose row address > and column address. > Can you help me, please?
Reply by Chris May 7, 20072007-05-07
Gordon Freeman wrote:

> I'm working with DDR SDRAM but I don't know how to choose row address > and column address. > Can you help me, please?
I'm only familiar with SDRAM, DDR should be somewhat similar wrt/ the commands you must issue (PRECHARGE, ACTIVATE, etc.) To get started on the basics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SDRAM http://download.micron.com/pdf/datasheets/dram/sdram/512MbSDRAM.pdf http://www.maxwell.com/pdf/me/app_notes/Intro_to_SDRAM.pdf Some technical notes worth reading: http://download.micron.com/pdf/technotes/ZT05.pdf http://download.micron.com/pdf/technotes/ZT01.pdf http://download.micron.com/pdf/technotes/TN4801.pdf An interesting article from Ars Technica: http://arstechnica.com/paedia/r/ram_guide/ram_guide.part2-4.html Hope that helps
Reply by Joseph Samson May 7, 20072007-05-07
Gordon Freeman wrote:
> Hi everyone! > I'm working with DDR SDRAM but I don't know how to choose row address > and column address. > Can you help me, please? >
The Micron website has good datasheets and some application notes for all the SDRAMS. Here's a place to start: http://www.micron.com/products/dram/ddr/partlist.aspx?Select=Select This newsgroup has had many discussions about SDRAMs, both single and double data rate. The basic operation of SDRAMs are the same (active, precharge, read, write, refresh) whether they are single or double data rate, DDR or DDR2. A good tutorial on any of the families would probably answer many of your questions. --- Joe Samson Pixel Velocity
Reply by Icky Thwacket May 7, 20072007-05-07
"Gordon Freeman" <gordonfreeman1983@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone! > I'm working with DDR SDRAM but I don't know how to choose row address > and column address. > Can you help me, please? >
Google 'datasheet'
Reply by Gordon Freeman May 7, 20072007-05-07