Reply by John Retta June 4, 20072007-06-04
You will need to select the device type in coregen as a spartan IIE,
generate the core, and use the resulting .edn netlist in your S3 design.

CICs use basic, non-device specific primitives (adders, counters,
registers etc ....).

When I first ported my first DSP FPGA from a SIIE to S3 two years
ago, there was a moment of panic when I saw CICs were not supported.
I think this is just a deficiency in the GUI that has never been resolved.

--
Regards,
John Retta

email : jretta@rtc-inc.com
web :  www.rtc-inc.com

<cs_posting@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if the Xilinx CIC core will work in the Spartan 3? > It's not listed as a target (only Spartan IIE) but then the data sheet > is dated 2002, wheras S3 apparently was announced in 2003... >
Reply by May 30, 20072007-05-30