Reply by Marlboro June 15, 20072007-06-15
radarman wrote:
> On Jun 12, 8:50 pm, Tommy Thorn <tommy.th...@gmail.com> wrote: > > My apologies to those who'd consider this spam, but my house in > > Milpitas, CA was burglarized and among the less mainstream objects > > stolen were a Tektronix THS730 oscilloscope and a Digilent Spartan > > 3E-1600 Development Board. > > > > If anyone comes across a suspect sale of this board for sale, please > > let me know. > > > > Thanks, > > Tommy >
looks like he 's buiding a time travel machine and being spied by the KGB
Reply by radarman June 15, 20072007-06-15
On Jun 12, 8:50 pm, Tommy Thorn <tommy.th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My apologies to those who'd consider this spam, but my house in > Milpitas, CA was burglarized and among the less mainstream objects > stolen were a Tektronix THS730 oscilloscope and a Digilent Spartan > 3E-1600 Development Board. > > If anyone comes across a suspect sale of this board for sale, please > let me know. > > Thanks, > Tommy
Those sorts of things aren't so easy to pawn, so you might ask if you were being targetted for some other reason. Maybe it's a bit different there, but there just aren't that many people around looking for o- scopes and FPGA development boards. Certainly not enough to get the "quick score". While it's possible that the thieves were just looking for "expensive looking stuff", it's possible that the target was your equipment. Do you do consulting work at home, or bring work home? Just something to consider. In all likelihood, it was probably just bad luck that they took your development hardware.
Reply by John Adair June 13, 20072007-06-13
Sunnyvale might be their next stop. The only barrier I see is the number of
traffic lights to get past on the way there.

I'd watch Ebay for such an item, or items, turning up for auction together.
Unfortunately if they know what the stuff is they probably know someone in
your area that will buy it.

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd.

"Bob" <nimby_NEEDSPAM@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> > "Tommy Thorn" <tommy.thorn@gmail.com> wrote in message > news:1181699439.988788.212790@n15g2000prd.googlegroups.com... >> My apologies to those who'd consider this spam, but my house in >> Milpitas, CA was burglarized and among the less mainstream objects >> stolen were a Tektronix THS730 oscilloscope and a Digilent Spartan >> 3E-1600 Development Board. >> >> If anyone comes across a suspect sale of this board for sale, please >> let me know. >> >> Thanks, >> Tommy >> > > Wow. High tech burglars in Milpitas. Maybe it's time to move to Sunnyvale. > > Sorry to hear about your loss. > > Bob > >
Reply by Bob June 12, 20072007-06-12
"Tommy Thorn" <tommy.thorn@gmail.com> wrote in message
> My apologies to those who'd consider this spam, but my house in > Milpitas, CA was burglarized and among the less mainstream objects > stolen were a Tektronix THS730 oscilloscope and a Digilent Spartan > 3E-1600 Development Board. > > If anyone comes across a suspect sale of this board for sale, please > let me know. > > Thanks, > Tommy >
Wow. High tech burglars in Milpitas. Maybe it's time to move to Sunnyvale. Sorry to hear about your loss. Bob
Reply by Tommy Thorn June 12, 20072007-06-12