Reply by Rodo August 29, 20072007-08-29
This looks better than the one I was looking at.

Thanks

"Fredrik" <fredrik_he_lang@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Rodo, > Haven't used that particular one, but I do have used TerAsics clone. > You can find that one at: > www.terasic.com.tw (USB Blaster cable). > Pricing 50$ works as good as the "real" one. > Regards > Fredrik >
Reply by Fredrik August 29, 20072007-08-29
Hi Rodo,
Haven't used that particular one, but I do have used TerAsics clone.
You can find that one at:
www.terasic.com.tw (USB Blaster cable).
Pricing 50$ works as good as the "real" one.
Regards
Fredrik

Reply by Rodo August 29, 20072007-08-29
Hi all,

I haven't used any altera stuff for a while. Last time I used the MAX3000A,
I built the parallel port byteblaster cable from the info on the altera's
web site. This is the original not the improved one they have now. It was
like $10 in parts and did the trick. I still have it and works but my new
laptop doesn't have a parallel port. The USB stuff is ridiculously priced
($300 at digikey). I found a substitute in Canada for about $80
(http://www.minford.ca/html/mf162.html) I was wondering if anyone has this
one and could comment on it ? I think it is more reasonable price.

Comments welcome.

BTW I'm only using MAX3000A devices.

Thanks.