Reply by January 9, 20092009-01-09
On Dec 28 2008, 4:37 am, va...@silvtrc.org wrote:
> dajjou <swissiyous...@gmail.com> wrote: > >Hello everybody, > > I have no idea how to start !! in fact i want to use USB JTAG > >interface in order to communicate with my FPGA ( Virtex 4), I mean > >using the FTD2232C instead of XILINX USB programmer. > > Use an USB-PHY + FPGA and some reverese-eng of the DLC protocol.
Or use the JTAGkey from http://www.amontec.com as design example.
Reply by December 27, 20082008-12-27
dajjou <swissiyoussef@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hello everybody,
> I have no idea how to start !! in fact i want to use USB JTAG >interface in order to communicate with my FPGA ( Virtex 4), I mean >using the FTD2232C instead of XILINX USB programmer.
Use an USB-PHY + FPGA and some reverese-eng of the DLC protocol.
Reply by Uwe Bonnes December 27, 20082008-12-27
dajjou <swissiyoussef@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I have no idea how to start !! in fact i want to use USB JTAG > interface in order to communicate with my FPGA ( Virtex 4), I mean > using the FTD2232C instead of XILINX USB programmer.
In order to use with XILINX Impact, you either have to use a DLC-5 clone or the original DLC-9/10, as for the USB cables the protocolls between Impact and the programmer isn't published. For pure programming, xc3sprog at sourceforge can be a start. I fact I use xc3sprog with a home built FT2232 adapter for programming XCF and Spartan 3. -- Uwe Bonnes bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt --------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------
Reply by dajjou December 27, 20082008-12-27
Hello everybody,

 I have no idea how to start !!  in fact i want to  use  USB JTAG
interface in order to communicate with my FPGA ( Virtex 4), I mean
using the FTD2232C instead of XILINX USB programmer.

 please i need your help .