FPGARelated.com
Forums

Searching for info about very old FPGA devices

Started by rodrigomelo9 6 years ago3 replieslatest reply 6 years ago140 views

Hello. My name is Rodrigo and I am from Argentina. I was looking for very old datasheets without success :-( (I searched a lot in google, archive.org, alldatasheets, and more places...). I obtained name from old papers and patents:

* Plessey (1989). ERA60100 Preliminary Datasheet. Plessey Semiconductor, Swindon, England.
* GEC Plessey Semiconductors, ERA60100 Electrically Reconfigurable Array Data Sheet, GEC Plessey Semiconductors Ltd., Swindon, Wiltshire SN2 2QW, UK, 1991

* Plus Logic FPGA2020 Preliminary Data Sheet, 1990
* Plus Logic, FPSL5110 Product Brief , October 1989
* FPGA 2010, Field Programmable Gate Array, Plus Logic, San Jose, Calif., no date, pp. 1-4.
* FPGA 2020, Field Programmable Gate Array, Plus Logic, San Jose, Calif., no date, pp. 1-37.
* FPGA 2040, Field Programmable Gate Array, Plus Logic, San Jose, Calif., no date, pp. 1-4.
* FPGA 5110, Intelligent Data Buffer, Plus Logic, San Jose, Calif., no date, pp. 1-6.

* Concurrent Logic, Inc. Data Sheet CFA6006 Field Programmable Gate Array; Advanced Info.; Mar. 15, 1991, Rev. 2.2.
* Concurrent Logic, Inc., "CLi6000 Series Field Programmable Gate Array," Rev. 1.3, May 1992.

* National Semiconductor, "Configurable Logic Array (CLAy) Data Sheet", 1993
* Configurable Logic Array (CLAy™); Preliminary. Datasheet, National Semiconductors, Santa Clara, CA, Dec. 1993

I am studyng their architectures and the datasheet could be useful.

Some doubts which maybe somebody knows:
* Did Plus Logic FPGAs? I know, their devices are called FPGA20xx... However, Plus Logic was acquired by Xilinx in 1991 to became the EPLD/CPLD division... And the FPGA2020 became the XC7272 (which is a CPLD).
* Has the Clay from National some relation with the CLI6000 from Concurrent? or the AT6000 from Atmel? (which acquired Concurrent Logic and CLI6000).

I read some very old posts with people speaking about some of them, so, maybe theses people is still around and have some ideas :-D

Thanks in advance.

[ - ]
Reply by rajkeerthy18May 30, 2018

I found mention of Plus logic in the bibliography section of the book "Field Programmable Gate Arrays" by Stephen brown et al. This means they would have referred such data sheets. Mr Brown works for Dept of Electrical Engg, University of Toronto and you could google that and possibly get some information from him. I am not sure if this helps. Good things don't come easily, I guess.

[ - ]
Reply by rodrigomelo9May 30, 2018

Yes, I saw the mention to Plus Logic in this book. Ok, thanks, I will try to contact him (I tried to contact several people without success yet).

Let me say that I have the datasheet:
* Concurrent Logic, Inc., "CLi6000 Series Field Programmable Gate Array," Rev. 1.3, May 1992.

I need find the rest XD

see you

[ - ]
Reply by rodrigomelo9May 30, 2018

I was talking with former employees of NSC, which worked with the CLAy architecture. None of them has the datasheets XD.

Also, I still didn't found the rest of DSs.

Any help will be apreciated. Thanks