Does Xilinx have the worst web site on the planet?

Started by Tom Seim July 2, 2004
Is it me, or do the rest of you have major frustratinos using Xilinx's web site?

Just today they had a broken link TO THEIR OWN SITE!!!

Believe me, I have talked to Xilinx managers who have admitted as much.
Tom Seim wrote:
> Is it me, or do the rest of you have major frustratinos using Xilinx's web site? > > Just today they had a broken link TO THEIR OWN SITE!!! > > Believe me, I have talked to Xilinx managers who have admitted as much.
I find it adequate. When looking for actual chips, I do get a wry smile as it looks like the web authors had a bet going, to see if they could aviod using the word Chip or Device, so we get : "Products and Services " > "Silicon products and solutions" > "CPLD Portfolio" - and finally "datasheets"! Q: So what's the difference between a Silicon product and a Silicon solution ? :) Their datasheet web page itself is well done: it shows the Date/Size and splits the data into more downloadable chunks. -jg
Jim Granville <no.spam@designtools.co.nz> wrote in message news:<WC5Fc.5764$NA1.536835@news02.tsnz.net>...

> Q: So what's the difference between a Silicon product and a Silicon > solution ? :)
A: Software tools that work ;-) -rajeev-
It works fine for me.

"Tom Seim" <soar2morrow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is it me, or do the rest of you have major frustratinos using Xilinx's web
site?
> > Just today they had a broken link TO THEIR OWN SITE!!! > > Believe me, I have talked to Xilinx managers who have admitted as much.
Get out of bed on the wrong side this morning Tom? ;-) I've usually found
what I'm looking for on the website pretty easily.
Cheers, Syms.
"Tom Seim" <soar2morrow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is it me, or do the rest of you have major frustratinos using Xilinx's web
site?
> > Just today they had a broken link TO THEIR OWN SITE!!! > > Believe me, I have talked to Xilinx managers who have admitted as much.
In fact, the website just helped me out big time. I use Data2mem. I used it
today, and it kept crashing with no proper error message. A little search on
the Xilinx website and I found out very quickly that Data2mem goes haywire
if you have bitstream compression turned on. (I turned it on the other day
during that bitstream compression thread.) Problem solved. So, website
pretty good, Data2mem software shite.
cheers, Syms.