NIOS II / Cyclone II - Multiply, Barrel Shift and Divide

Started by Jon Beniston September 22, 2004
Hi,

When targeting the Cyclone II, the NIOS II/f configuration in SOPC
builder doesn't seem to list support for either multipler,
barrel-shifter or divide. Support for these only seems to be available
when the target is a Stratix  device. Is this correct? Is it not
possible to get h/w multiply support on the Cyclone II?

I'm using the eval version of NIOS II.

Cheers,
Jon
jon@beniston.com (Jon Beniston) wrote in message news:<e87b9ce8.0409221210.42177261@posting.google.com>...
> Hi, > > When targeting the Cyclone II, the NIOS II/f configuration in SOPC > builder doesn't seem to list support for either multipler, > barrel-shifter or divide. Support for these only seems to be available > when the target is a Stratix device. Is this correct? Is it not > possible to get h/w multiply support on the Cyclone II? > > I'm using the eval version of NIOS II. > > Cheers, > Jon
Hi Jon, The HW multipliers in Cyclone II will absolutely be supported. Just stay tuned for the next Nios II release. Jesse Kempa Altera Corp.