SATA/SAS designs with FPGA

Started by Purvesh December 25, 2004
Hi All,

Anyone implemented SATA/SAS with FPGAs. Seems that neither rocketIO nor
MGT in stratix GX are capable of handling OOB signalling of SATA/SAS.

My question is : Which serdes did you use to work around the OOB
problem ?

-Purvesh

http://xilinx.openchip.org/ChipScope/ scroll down and look. SATA OOB with real SATA chip - on VP20 board no external components rocketIO direct to SATA. can be done. Antti
avrbasic wrote:
> "Purvesh" <purveshkhona@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:1104002898.931299.49860@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > > Hi All, > > > > Anyone implemented SATA/SAS with FPGAs. Seems that neither rocketIO
nor
> > MGT in stratix GX are capable of handling OOB signalling of
SATA/SAS.
> direct to SATA. > can be done. >
Hi. I'm interested in this, but the link doesn't work. Can you post the correct link? Thanks, David
this link is working now, sorry our site was attacked by the PHP worm
vulnerability so I had to make clean reinstall of the whole server.

Antti