USB interface With AMBA AHB

Started by Joe June 2, 2005
      I have a simple USB Devcie controller with some inputs and
outputs, no special interfacing signals are attached to it. It's a
simple USB Core running at fullspeed. My concern is how to tackle
timing issues while interfacing it with ARM core.

"Joe" <joe.ricky@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a simple USB Devcie controller with some inputs and > outputs, no special interfacing signals are attached to it. It's a > simple USB Core running at fullspeed. My concern is how to tackle > timing issues while interfacing it with ARM core. >
Joe ... I think your missing the point. There has to be some interface (other than the external USB side) that is used to talk to the controller. A stand-alone self aware controller that thinks on its own doesn't exist. What is this simple interface? Is it a chip select with a read/write indicator? Is it synchronous .. ie does it have a clock? I would think that the actual timing would be a secondary problem that you would tackle after you have designed the interface to AMBA. Also .... if you haven't already done so ... you should read the AMBA spec. located on the ARM web site. You're not gonna get anywhere without understanding what your trying to interface to. Mike