Virtex 4 and reconfigurable computer

Started by Unknown June 22, 2005
Hi!
I would like to know if the Xilinx Virtex 4 offer the possibility of
partially reconfigure bitstreams directly (as in the virtex II using
the jbits library).
If yes ... what are the hardware (requirement for the fpga board) and
software (are the libraries similar to jbits?) requirements ?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers !

"GaLaKtIkUsT" <taileb.mehdi@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi! > I would like to know if the Xilinx Virtex 4 offer the possibility of > partially reconfigure bitstreams directly (as in the virtex II using > the jbits library). > If yes ... what are the hardware (requirement for the fpga board) and > software (are the libraries similar to jbits?) requirements ? > > Thanks in advance. > Cheers ! >
Jbits is dead there is no working useable partial reconfiguration flow for V4 at the moment. I guess there is some work in progress, but nothing readily available. ... nomansland its possible and doable, but you are alone on the path... antti
Thanks Antti ... So ... what's the most appropriate approache to follow
?
Virtex II + jbits ?
What are the restrictions of jbits ? why do you say that it's dead ?