Stratix-II <==> Virtex4 interconnect; 10 GB Ethernet cores

Started by Unknown January 20, 2006
Has anybody had any showstopping problems when interconnecting
Stratix-II and Virtex4 (EP2S180 & LX200) ? We just want to have a mass
differential interconnect for a source-synchronous interface on
'left-over' pins for future expansion. Have never used Altera before
but I realize the banking is quite different.
Also, any experiences good or bad with 10GB Ethernet MAC cores from
both Xilinx and Altera ?

Thanks,

-Martin
Why even bother with Ethernet?  Two FPGA's from any vender will talk with
very little troubles.  Do you need speed or distance?

Simon