LVDS output pins of Altera Cyclone II

Started by only...@online.ms November 30, 2006
Hi,

does anybody know how to switch of the LVDS output pins of a Cyclone
II?

I use the "alt_lvds" megafunction but there are no inputs to this
megafuction to enable or disable the LVDS output pins.

I thought about writing my own serializer as a workaround but I have
no idea how this is done. But it should be possible by using the
double data rate IOs and some shift registers.

Thanks.

--
Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final

Setting an output pin to LVDS is not part of the megafunction.  You can use
the assignment editor to accomplish what you want.

Writing your own serailizer usually takes a fairly good understanding of the
hardware, setup/hold times, and jitter.