Small FPGA Dev Board with Ethernet

Started by Chris Murphy February 23, 2007
Does anybody know of a good, --small--, development board with an
ethernet port?  What I'm really looking for is essentially a FPGA, on
a very small PCB, with an ethernet port and power port/headers.  Some
extra pins brought out to headers would be handy, but are not
essential.  While I'm dreaming, it needs to be something I could
communicate to from linux, so proprietary / windows-only ethernet
drivers won't cut it.

Xilinx is preferred, but I'm open to other platforms if a better
solution exists.  Cheap is good... how cheap depends on the size of
the FPGA that I can get.

Thanks for your suggestions...

 - chris

Ah!  There it is.  The Mini-module from Avnet.  Spartan-3 3S400 and Virtex-4
FX12 flavors.  Go to www.em.avnet.com, Products tab, Design Resource Center
(right below the Products tab), look for Mini-module.

"Designed as a complete system on a module, the Mini packages all the
necessary functions needed for an embedded processor system, onto a tiny
footprint slightly bigger than a stick of chewing gum."

- John_H

"Chris Murphy" <chrismurf@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody know of a good, --small--, development board with an > ethernet port? What I'm really looking for is essentially a FPGA, on > a very small PCB, with an ethernet port and power port/headers. Some > extra pins brought out to headers would be handy, but are not > essential. While I'm dreaming, it needs to be something I could > communicate to from linux, so proprietary / windows-only ethernet > drivers won't cut it. > > Xilinx is preferred, but I'm open to other platforms if a better > solution exists. Cheap is good... how cheap depends on the size of > the FPGA that I can get. > > Thanks for your suggestions... > > - chris
Hi Chris,

Take a look here. Boards are preconfigured with uCLinux, and have standard 2.54mm headers. http://shop.trenz-electronic.de/catalog/default.php?cPath=1_51 best regards Thorsten Trenz