Xilinx Webpack for Linux 64 bit?

Started by Christopher Cole August 1, 2007
Does there exist a 64-bit Linux version of Xilinx Webpack?  I see the
programming tools are available for Linux as 64-bit...

When browsing the Webpack service packs, there is a 64-bit Linux service pack.
Is this for the 64-bit programming tools, or is there a 64-bit Webpack hiding
someplace?

Thanks,
-Chris

--
| Christopher Cole, Cole Design and Development               cole@coledd.com |
| Embedded Electronics and Software Design                  http://coledd.com |

WebPACK support for Linux is only 32-bit.  See
http://www.xilinx.com/ise/logic_design_prod/webpack.htm
An alternative is to request an evaluation DVD which does support 64-bit
Linux.  See http://www.xilinx.com/ise_eval/index.htm

-David

On Aug 1, 8:31 am, Christopher Cole <c...@scoob.coledd.com> wrote:
> Does there exist a 64-bit Linux version of Xilinx Webpack? I see the > programming tools are available for Linux as 64-bit... > > When browsing the Webpack service packs, there is a 64-bit Linux service pack. > Is this for the 64-bit programming tools, or is there a 64-bit Webpack hiding > someplace? > > Thanks, > -Chris > > -- > | Christopher Cole, Cole Design and Development c...@coledd.com | > | Embedded Electronics and Software Design http://coledd.com|
64-bit makes sense mostly for the larger parts. Webpack does not support the larger parts. G.
Christopher Cole wrote:
> Does there exist a 64-bit Linux version of Xilinx Webpack? I see the > programming tools are available for Linux as 64-bit...
No. The 32-bit version works fine on 64-bit Linux, aside from needing to trick the install script.