ANN: Linux friendly FPGA dev board

Started by Bob Smith January 9, 2009
Hi

I'd like to announce the availability of a Spartan 3E
FPGA development board that, while usable under Windows,
is particularly easy to use under Linux.

The reason for it's Linux friendliness is that it uses
standard USB-serial for downloads.  It does not need or
use JTAG dongles or drivers.  To the host it looks like
a FTDI USB-Serial port.

The other reason it is a nice system for Linux people
is that there is a tutorial for the board that shows
how to compile and download using a Makefile.  The
commands I use to build are something like:

	vi counter.v
	make
	make install

thanks
Bob Smith
Any url? :-) Hans www.ht-lab.com
Do'h! http://www.demandperipherals.com
Bob Smith wrote:
> HT-Lab wrote: >> "Bob Smith" <usenet@linuxtoys.org> wrote in message > >>> I'd like to announce the availability of a Spartan 3E >>> FPGA development board that, while usable under Windows, >>> is particularly easy to use under Linux. > >> Any url? :-) > > Do'h! http://www.demandperipherals.com
So what happened to baseboards 1-3? Looks good so far but you need to spruce up your technical marketing a bit. For a product like this I would expect to see: 1) A large enough photo of the board so that I could read the part numbers. 2) Downloadable user manual that explains how I can get a xilinx bit file that I generate into your board. This covers software installs and a walk thru for a download. 3) Board schematic. John Eaton
You should list your company and product at FPGA Central (http:// www.fpgacentral.com ). You can add a vendor and then product for FREE. It is a great place to get some exposure. Visit http://www.fpgacentral.com= /add -Vikram
Vikram wrote:

>>> Do'h! http://www.demandperipherals.com >> So what happened to baseboards 1-3?
"4" refers to the number of connectors of course. :)
>> For a product like this I would expect to see: >> 1) A large enough photo of the board so that I could read the part numbers.
OK. I'll make one of the photos a link that does this.
>> 2) Downloadable user manual that explains how I can get a xilinx bit >> file that I generate into your board. This covers software installs and >> a walk thru for a download.
A manual is next on our to-do list. Take a look in the downloads section. There is a PDF that explains how to install ISE and use it with Makefiles to download to our board.
>> 3) Board schematic.
It is in the Downloads section.
> You should list your company and product at FPGA Central (http:// > www.fpgacentral.com ). You can add a vendor and then product for FREE. > It is a great place to get some exposure. Visit http://www.fpgacentral.com/add
Wow, thanks, Vikam!! Bob Smith