FPGA :FFT Core in Xilinx

Started by bijoy June 23, 2005
Hi

Any body used FFT core given by coregenerator in Xilinx ?

Does it work as they said in their data sheet..

regards bijoy
bijoy wrote:

> Hi > > Any body used FFT core given by coregenerator in Xilinx ? > > Does it work as they said in their data sheet.. > > regards bijoy
It works very well, it is efficient, and has lots of nice features. As for any macro, I would recommend making some (RTL) simulations to ascertain how it must be initialized and used. Bert Cuzeau
"info_" <"info_"@\\nospam_no_underscore_alse-fr.com> wrote in message
> bijoy wrote: > >> Hi >> >> Any body used FFT core given by coregenerator in Xilinx ? >> >> Does it work as they said in their data sheet.. >> >> regards bijoy > > It works very well, it is efficient, and has lots of nice features.
except that it is quite inefficient when it comes to calculation time efficiency
bijoy wrote:

>Hi > >Any body used FFT core given by coregenerator in Xilinx ? > >Does it work as they said in their data sheet.. > >regards bijoy > >
It works. You get what you pay for, though. There are other cores available that are faster and denser, but alas, they are not free. -- --Ray Andraka, P.E. President, the Andraka Consulting Group, Inc. 401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950 email ray@andraka.com http://www.andraka.com "They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin, 1759
Hi

Do you have any test project for FFT core validation ?

could you pls share it if possible.

am facing some problem in using xilinx fft core. as the output produced does not match with matlab output regards bijoy