Quartus, JTAG, Programming Hardware

Started by Christian Kramer October 9, 2003
Hi!

I am using three CPLDs in my design. Each one has its own JTAG
connector, an I have three Byteblasters connected to LPT1-LPT3 on my PC.
Is there any way to save the configuration, which hardware is to be used
for programming in the .cdf-file for each design?

When I reopen the .cdf-files the programming-hardware is always the last
one used - even if it was used in an different project.

Thanks,
Christian

Hi Christian,

    The Hardware information is stored separately from the cdf, as it is a
function of the programmer not the chain. However your suggestion to have
multiple HW profiles is a good one, and I will pass it on.

- Subroto Datta
Altera Corp.

"Subroto Datta" <sdatta@altera.com> wrote in message news:<hKdhb.11831$PT5.10267@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com>...
> Hi Christian, > > The Hardware information is stored separately from the cdf, as it is a > function of the programmer not the chain. However your suggestion to have > multiple HW profiles is a good one, and I will pass it on. > > - Subroto Datta > Altera Corp. > > "Christian Kramer" <RemoveThis_chr_kramer@web.de> wrote in message > news:bm33hk$3vj$1@news.uni-stuttgart.de... > > Hi! > > > > I am using three CPLDs in my design. Each one has its own JTAG > > connector, an I have three Byteblasters connected to LPT1-LPT3 on my PC. > > Is there any way to save the configuration, which hardware is to be used > > for programming in the .cdf-file for each design? > > > > When I reopen the .cdf-files the programming-hardware is always the last > > one used - even if it was used in an different project. > > > > Thanks, > > Christian > > > >
Hi Christian, If using the command line (DOS prompt) is possible you can try using the command line quartus programmer as follows: quartus_pgm --cable=ByteBlasterMV[LPT1] lpt1.cdf quartus_pgm --cable=ByteBlasterMV[LPT2] lpt2.cdf quartus_pgm --cable=ByteBlasterMV[LPT3] lpt3.cdf Hope this helps. - Subroto Datta Altera Corp.