How to simulate Virtex-4 PPC, MAC, etc. ?

Started by acet...@gmail.com December 16, 2005
Hello! Having finished a board design with a Virtex-4FX and with
promising leads on the silicon, I sat down to begin my HDL coding...
when I discovered that the simulation models for the Virtex-4 PPC and
MAC components are only available in encrypted form. After poking
around a bit on the net and usenet, it seems that only the really
high-end simulators can support these encrypted models. Has anyone
found an inexpensive HDL simulator which supports these encrypted
models, or any other way to design with the cool features of the Virtex
2-pro and Virtex-4FX?

Thanks,
   ...Eric

<acetylcholinerd@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello! Having finished a board design with a Virtex-4FX and with > promising leads on the silicon, I sat down to begin my HDL coding... > when I discovered that the simulation models for the Virtex-4 PPC and > MAC components are only available in encrypted form. After poking > around a bit on the net and usenet, it seems that only the really > high-end simulators can support these encrypted models. Has anyone > found an inexpensive HDL simulator which supports these encrypted > models, or any other way to design with the cool features of the Virtex > 2-pro and Virtex-4FX? > > Thanks, > ...Eric >
the only low cost thing is... the silicon itself, set the stuff up and load into the FPGA together with ChipScope and test it out Antti