URGENT: Need to get the USB Balster Driver for the UNIX machines which has FT245BM

Started by TigerSatish January 31, 2006
Dears

Altera provided USB Balster has no driver for  Unix/HP-UX
The current USB Blaster provided by ALTERA uses FTDI Chip (FT245BM) to
have USB Interface. It uses the USB driver provided by FTDI to perform
the Kit programming. That means if you want to use the USB Blaster to
program a Kit using a system with UNIX Solaris platform, you need to
have FTDI (FT245BM) driver for this platform (UNIX).

 I looked at the FTDI site
(http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/FT232-FT245Drivers.htm#D2XX) there I
didn't find the FT245BM driver for UNIX.

 Any ideas on how to get the driver for UNIX? Can any one help me in
getting a link to free driver for this cable or chip supporting the
UNIX.

Regards
Satish K

Need Suggestion

"TigerSatish" <satishkmys@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Need Suggestion >
if you need it URGENT then only solution is to purchase a windows or linux PC and forget usb blaster on unix Antti
Antti,
   As you guys are really on this group/ community everyday and
mutually helping each others, I was over expecting /hoping to get the
suggestion fast . I really Sorry, If I had annoyed you much.

We where to looking for Unix free drivers easy and fast , or such
things are available.  As our complete college network is of Unix and
we have no Windows /Linux systems at all.

Hope you get back to me with the solution on this.

regards