New uses of FPGAs

Started by Unknown July 8, 2019
https://www.rad.com/products/Pluggable-PNFs-SFPs/MiRICi-E1-T1-MiRICi-E3-T3-Miniature-Ethernet-to-E3-T3-Remote-Bridge
>10BASE2 and 10BASE5 are older technologies that are not so widely used.
Not so widely used? I'd dare say they are extinct. Of course one might actually find either used in the field, but it'll be a million-to-one find. Sort of like finding that Amiga still controlling the school's HVAC or whatever. Average time of a T connector on a 10BASE2 networking flaking out was measured in months, it would be miraculous if you found a complete network working. -- Doug McIntyre doug@themcintyres.us