Tcl used in Modelsim?

Started by Davy April 21, 2006
Hi all,

I am new to Modelsim and always use GUI to do all the work.

I heard that we can use Tcl to control Modelsim to compile and run a
batch of work, is there any example available?

BTW, I use Verilog.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!
Davy

Yes, look in the user manual and command reference :-)

Simple batch file:

vlib work
vlog design.v
vsim -c work.design_testbench -do "run -all; quit"

You can use Tcl in Modelsim PE, and TCL/TK in SE/Questa. You can still use
TK in PE but you need to write a standalone TK GUI and use files/sockets to
communicate.

Hans.
www.ht-lab.com