Difference between virtex 4 rocketio MGT and viretex 5 rocketio GTP

Started by nagaraj January 23, 2007
Hi,

I m looking for differences between rocketio MGT and GTP (both
architectural as well as the way they are used).

please reply if anybody knows anything in this regard.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

"nagaraj" <nagarajputti@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, > > I m looking for differences between rocketio MGT and GTP (both > architectural as well as the way they are used). > > please reply if anybody knows anything in this regard. > > > Thanks, > Nagaraj >
The spelling's different. Syms. RTFM.
Symon wrote:
> "nagaraj" <nagarajputti@gmail.com> wrote in message > news:1169531071.292150.65370@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > > Hi, > > > > I m looking for differences between rocketio MGT and GTP (both > > architectural as well as the way they are used). > > > > please reply if anybody knows anything in this regard. > > > > > > Thanks, > > Nagaraj > > > The spelling's different. > Syms. > > RTFM.
Sorry I didn't get u....! let me be clear first. I mean difference between virtex 4 Multi gigabit Tranceiver and its virtex 5 counter part. thanks, nagaraj
HI Nagaraj,

Look at the User Guide for GTP:

http://direct.xilinx.com/bvdocs/userguides/ug196.pdf

There is a whole migration section that covers the differences too.

Also if you contact your FAE, they might be able to provide you with
more details.

Thanks
Duth

nagaraj wrote:
> Hi, > > I m looking for differences between rocketio MGT and GTP (both > architectural as well as the way they are used). > > please reply if anybody knows anything in this regard. > > > Thanks, > Nagaraj
http://direct.xilinx.com/bvdocs/userguides/ug196.pdf
Ever used Google? ;-)

hey thanks for reply...

i have both the user guides with me....

and am going through it....

but im looking for hearing from somebody who has worked on it.

if anybody has used v4 MGT then pls giv me u r mail id so that we can
discuss.

Thanks,
nagaraj