New modelsim PE student edition 6.2g and Xilinx ISE 9.1i User Linking problems

Started by Unknown March 3, 2007
I am using these programs in my digital class but do not know how to
link modelsim to ISE.  In our school lab, after I make my schematic, I
can run model sim to simulate it from inside ISE.  Does someone know
how I would set this up?

On Mar 3, 12:55 am, kaosnan...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am using these programs in my digital class but do not know how to > link modelsim to ISE. In our school lab, after I make my schematic, I > can run model sim to simulate it from inside ISE. Does someone know > how I would set this up?
Open up ISE. Edit > Preferences > ISE General > Integrated Tools Browse to modelsim.exe. If you change the Sources pulldown to Behavioral Simulation in your project, you can select a test-bench, right-click > properties on the ModelSim icon to change some properties.
On Mar 3, 6:32 am, "Brandon Jasionowski" <killerhe...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mar 3, 12:55 am, kaosnan...@gmail.com wrote: > > > I am using these programs in my digital class but do not know how to > > link modelsim to ISE. In our school lab, after I make my schematic, I > > can run model sim to simulate it from inside ISE. Does someone know > > how I would set this up? > > Open up ISE. > > Edit > Preferences > ISE General > Integrated Tools > > Browse to modelsim.exe. > > If you change the Sources pulldown to Behavioral Simulation in your > project, you can select a test-bench, right-click > properties on the > ModelSim icon to change some properties.
The ModelSim icom is not available.
I am guessing that this is because the IT dept. at your school limits what
the students can do on lab systems.  If this is a lab system, you may have
to talk to your IT dept and have them (as administrators) make this change.