I am new and I want to help

Started by serdar August 8, 2003
Hi,
I am new CPLD and FPGA. Should I start Xilinx devices or ALTERA
devices? and verilog or VHDL?
I think buy a CPLD starter board.(CoolRunner II Design Kit or MAX 7000
Quick Start Development Kit) Can you recommended any board for
starting?
you can also check http://www.fpga4fun.com/

Al Williams wrote:
> > usrdr@yahoo.co.uk (serdar) wrote in message news:<d983e0c.0308080239.68f20297@posting.google.com>... > > Hi, > > I am new CPLD and FPGA. Should I start Xilinx devices or ALTERA > > > You might find it interesting to look at the tutorials at > http://tutor.al-williams.com. These cover the basics of Xilinx and > Altera using CPLDs. It is overwhelming getting started, but working > through the tutorial will help you get a feel for things. Keep in > mind that you can do software simulation and get your feet wet > without actually investing in any hardware at first.
Al, That looks like a valuable resource. Thanks for the effort of writing it all up. Rob