Multiplication Problem on Microblaze Software

Started by mfgunes August 15, 2007
Hi,

Can you do a mb-size on the final .elf file?

G�ran Bilski

"mfgunes" <mfgunes@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The system have 64 KB memory.And the program is not so large. > > > > >>Hi, >> >>So how large is your program and how much memory do you have in your > system? >> >>G&#4294967295;ran >> >
Size of the .elf file is 23 KB

>Hi, > >Can you do a mb-size on the final .elf file? > >G&#4294967295;ran Bilski > >"mfgunes" <mfgunes@yahoo.com> wrote in message >news:6KudnU_p4fSSvlnbRVn_vw@giganews.com... >> The system have 64 KB memory.And the program is not so large. >> >> >> >> >>>Hi, >>> >>>So how large is your program and how much memory do you have in your >> system? >>> >>>G&#4294967295;ran >>> >> > > >
Have you enabled "Mark to initialize BRAM" on multiple software applications
in XPS?
Can you share some more information on your system and your settings?

G&#4294967295;ran

> Size of the .elf file is 23 KB > > >>Hi, >> >>Can you do a mb-size on the final .elf file? >> >>G&#4294967295;ran Bilski >> >>"mfgunes" <mfgunes@yahoo.com> wrote in message >>news:6KudnU_p4fSSvlnbRVn_vw@giganews.com... >>> The system have 64 KB memory.And the program is not so large. >>> >>> >>> >>> >>>>Hi, >>>> >>>>So how large is your program and how much memory do you have in your >>> system? >>>> >>>>G&#4294967295;ran >>>> >>> >> >> >> > >
Yes i enabled "Mark to initialize BRAM".
I have two lmb bram controller connected to dlmb bus.One port of each
controller is external.This external ports is connected to brams in ISE
project.(bram controllers in XPS, brams in ISE.)I have some other RTL
designs connected to these brams.I will write data to bram in ISE then i
read the data with microblaze then make some floating point operations in
microblaze and write the data to other bram.

Fatih

>Have you enabled "Mark to initialize BRAM" on multiple software
applications
>in XPS? >Can you share some more information on your system and your settings? > >G&#4294967295;ran >
Yes i enabled "Mark to initialize BRAM".
I have two lmb bram controller connected to dlmb bus.One port of each
controller is external.This external ports is connected to brams in ISE
project.(bram controllers in XPS, brams in ISE.)I have some other RTL
designs connected to these brams.I will write data to bram in ISE then i
read the data with microblaze then make some floating point operations in
microblaze and write the data to other bram.

Fatih

>Have you enabled "Mark to initialize BRAM" on multiple software
applications
>in XPS? >Can you share some more information on your system and your settings? > >G&#4294967295;ran >
I think that you shouldn't have the BRAMs in the ISE.
Place them in XPS and then do the other bram ports as external ports.
Doubt that this is the issue since the linker complains that your memory is
full.
Have you checked how the linker scripts look like?

G&#4294967295;ran

> Yes i enabled "Mark to initialize BRAM". > I have two lmb bram controller connected to dlmb bus.One port of each > controller is external.This external ports is connected to brams in ISE > project.(bram controllers in XPS, brams in ISE.)I have some other RTL > designs connected to these brams.I will write data to bram in ISE then i > read the data with microblaze then make some floating point operations in > microblaze and write the data to other bram. > > Fatih > > > > > > > >>Have you enabled "Mark to initialize BRAM" on multiple software > applications >>in XPS? >>Can you share some more information on your system and your settings? >> >>G&#4294967295;ran >> >
This system is working for integers etc...I controlled the values with
debugger and leds on my board. I have problems on floating point
operations. I think i can beat this problem with using fix point library
instead of doing operations with floats...Is there any fix point library
in EDK?