Quartus II 7.2 web edition - Linux or not?

Started by H. Peter Anvin October 11, 2007
If Altera would talk to Codeweaver(and pay a small amount of what they pay to Mainsoft to Codewaever) , wine could become be a perfect alternative with minimal effort... -- Uwe Bonnes bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt --------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------
Kees Bakker <spam@altium.nl> writes:
> Wine??? There are very, very few applications that actually work under Wine. > And of those, the majority is of no interest for Linux users, because there > are perfect alternatives which are native Linux.
Linear Technology LTSpice (also known as SwitcherCAD) works well with Wine, and LT even supports it! Xilinx used to support ISE on Wine, before they had a native Linux version.
 > Wine??? There are very, very few applications that actually work
under Wine.
> And of those, the majority is of no interest for Linux users, because there > are perfect alternatives which are native Linux.
What.... are you smokin' You can run freaking World of Warcraft and PCAD in the ubuntu Wine's And while their are "alternatives" to those it doesn't really make a difference if you specifically want to play Warcraft or you company uses PCAD. NZG