Virtex-3 PRO

Started by Manfred Kraus February 6, 2004
I heard rumours XILINX will announce Virtex-3 later this year,
but a VIRTEX-3 PRO is not planned.
Will FPGAs with integrated Processors share the destiny of the X6200 series
?

Manfred, be assured that Xilinx will announce a new Virtex family this
year, and be also assured that the family will include MGTs and PPC
microprocessors. Don't worry about the exact family names, that's a
marketing issue.
The best stuff is still to come !

Peter Alfke
===================
Manfred Kraus wrote:
> > I heard rumours XILINX will announce Virtex-3 later this year, > but a VIRTEX-3 PRO is not planned. > Will FPGAs with integrated Processors share the destiny of the X6200 series > ?
If you want an idea of what it might have go search the patent office.....

Steve

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 14:07:44 -0800, Peter Alfke <peter@xilinx.com>
wrote:

>Manfred, be assured that Xilinx will announce a new Virtex family this >year, and be also assured that the family will include MGTs and PPC >microprocessors. Don't worry about the exact family names, that's a >marketing issue.
They should skip Virtex-3 and go straight to Virtex-4, which would allow them to align the Spartan and Virtex numbers. Allan.
On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 17:11:31 +1100, Allan Herriman wrote:

> On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 14:07:44 -0800, Peter Alfke <peter@xilinx.com> > wrote: > >>Manfred, be assured that Xilinx will announce a new Virtex family this >>year, and be also assured that the family will include MGTs and PPC >>microprocessors. Don't worry about the exact family names, that's a >>marketing issue. > > They should skip Virtex-3 and go straight to Virtex-4, which would > allow them to align the Spartan and Virtex numbers. > > Allan.
The local Xilinx guys told me that they are donig exactly that, calling the next family Virtex4 instead of 3 so that it will match the Spartan numbers.