Cyclone and ByteBlasterMV?

Started by Leon Heller April 7, 2004
"Peter Seng" <NOSPAM@seng.de> wrote in message
news:c530f4$gp3$1@online.de...
> > > "Eric Paillet" <epaillet@antwerpen.be> wrote in message > > news:4073b644$0$1991$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be... > > > This guy has got the schematics on his website. It is labelled > Byteblaster > > > MV, but it is the Byteblaster II though (as you can see by the name of > the > > > file). The schematics are indeed quite ... simple > > > > > > http://www.fuw.edu.pl/~gkasprow/ > > > > > > I've built the thing, and it seems to work. > > > > Thanks Eric. I downloaded the file and got it converted to ASCII format
by
> > someone with Protel, so I can read it into Pulsonix. It's definitely a
lot
> > different from the MV - uses three '244 chips and a transistor. I'll be > > making a PCB for it and putting the design on my web site. If anyone
else
> > wants the ASCII Protel file I can make it available. > > > > Leon > > > > > > Could You please send us a copy of the converted BBII schematics in a > readable form (*.Bit, *.PDF, *.gif, ...) or make them available on the
net?
> Think a specialized format is not good for publishing ...
I output it from Pulsonix as a PS file and converted it to a PDF: http://www.leonheller.com/bb.pdf It really needs the colours changing on the imported schematic to remove the black areas, but you should be able to follow it. I'm not sure if it really is compatible with the BBII, I'll try my BBMV clone on the Cyclone first and see how I get on. Leon
Martin Schoeberl wrote:
<snip>
> The ByteBlasteMV works quite well with the Cyclone. I'm using it in > the JTAG mode. > > Martin > --
The drawback is that BBMV can't program EPCS devices....
> > That schematic looks nothing like the insides of the > > ByteBlaster II cable I had (I've just shipped it off > > to a client and am awaiting a new one). > > What chip(s) did it use? If I know the logic family, I can probably work
the
> rest of it out for myself. > Leon
Leon, From memory it was a sea of transistors on both sides with an 8 pin SOIC on one side. Nial.
"Nial Stewart" <nial@nialstewartdevelopments.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > That schematic looks nothing like the insides of the > > > ByteBlaster II cable I had (I've just shipped it off > > > to a client and am awaiting a new one). > > > > What chip(s) did it use? If I know the logic family, I can probably work > the > > rest of it out for myself. > > Leon > > Leon, > > From memory it was a sea of transistors on both sides with an 8 pin > SOIC on one side.
Thanks, Nial. I think someone else mentioned something like that. Leon