What MAXIM chip is used on Spartan 3E 1600E Microblaze Board for RS232 communication?

Started by Alex February 2, 2010
james <bubba@bud.u> writes:

> The board is made by Digilent Inc for Xilinx and is sold on Digilent's > web page also. > > The Max part is MaX3232 per the schematic.
Interestingly, now that I looked, mine actually has an ST3232 :) But undoubtedly functionality is the same as MAX3232.
"Anssi Saari" <as@sci.fi> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> james <bubba@bud.u> writes: > >> The board is made by Digilent Inc for Xilinx and is sold on Digilent's >> web page also. >> >> The Max part is MaX3232 per the schematic. > > Interestingly, now that I looked, mine actually has an ST3232 :) But > undoubtedly functionality is the same as MAX3232.
Not exactly, the original MAX3232 is capable of transferring up to 1Mbaud, the ST3232 400kbaud only. MIKE
M.Randelzhofer <techseller@gmx.de> wrote:
(snip)

> Not exactly, the original MAX3232 is capable of transferring > up to 1Mbaud, the ST3232 400kbaud only.
According to the Maxim data sheet only the MAX3237 can do megabaud, and only when the MBAUD input is active. Otherwise it is 250kbps. The MAX3232 seems to specify the maximum data rate as MIN 120kbps TYP 235kbps, load of 3k ohms, 1000pF, one transmitter switching. -- glen