easyfpga is not easy

Started by yp April 11, 2005
hi,
I have brought a cyclone development board (EZ1CUSB-12) from easyfpga
(www.easyfpga.com) . The CDROM version is 0.9 There is no
documentation/software how to download software to the cyclone chip.
According to the web site/menu, it can download from USB ( passive mode) or
AS ( active mode, which I think it can download from byteblasterMV cable).
Anybody can provide the software code !!
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
YP

You should go to www.altera.com to get the documentation on how to
download the programming files into Cyclone part. There are a few
tools, either use Quartus II programming, Jam player or embedded
tools. You can find it all there including documentations.

"yp" <ypuilee@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<d3dcie$3tt$1@zcars129.ca.nortel.com>...
> hi, > I have brought a cyclone development board (EZ1CUSB-12) from easyfpga > (www.easyfpga.com) . The CDROM version is 0.9 There is no > documentation/software how to download software to the cyclone chip. > According to the web site/menu, it can download from USB ( passive mode) or > AS ( active mode, which I think it can download from byteblasterMV cable). > Anybody can provide the software code !! > Thanks in advance. > Regards, > YP
According to their web site / document, there should be a way to download
the configuration to Cyclone throught the USB port. I have brought their
APEX 1k kit before and it comes with software and examples. So  I expect
that it will come with Cyclone development kit too.

"Kar" <khkuan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> You should go to www.altera.com to get the documentation on how to > download the programming files into Cyclone part. There are a few > tools, either use Quartus II programming, Jam player or embedded > tools. You can find it all there including documentations. > > "yp" <ypuilee@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > hi, > > I have brought a cyclone development board (EZ1CUSB-12) from easyfpga > > (www.easyfpga.com) . The CDROM version is 0.9 There is no > > documentation/software how to download software to the cyclone chip. > > According to the web site/menu, it can download from USB ( passive mode)
or
> > AS ( active mode, which I think it can download from byteblasterMV
cable).
> > Anybody can provide the software code !! > > Thanks in advance. > > Regards, > > YP
According to the data sheet... Power supply, USB drivers, reference,
documentation and designs with source code come with the kit.. I would
suggest you ask the supplier where yours are.

Simon