System ACE equivalent for CPLDs

Started by Benjamin Todd October 25, 2005
"Benjamin Todd" <benjamin.toddREMOVEALLCAPITALS@cernREMOVEALLCAPITALS.ch>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:djkmeg$mdo$1@sunnews.cern.ch...
>I know this isn't exactly comp.arch.cpld... > > does anyone know of a COTS solution for programming a (Xilinx) CPLD > without using PC + Windows + Impact etc etc. (a stand alone chunk of > hardware with a way for me to give it a set of bit files and a Program > button would be nice)
small uclinux modules sell for less than 100EUR. it takes a few hours to get XSVFplayer to work there. I use it in desing to program the XC9572XL, the mdoule we used was from www.dilnetpc.com coldfire based, but the production has not changed to use small fpga linux modules (microblaze uclinux) www.hydraxc.com antti
My intent was not to offend but merely to inform.  You indicated that
you had a solution for the CoolRunner devices but he stated that he had
used a 9500 device.  Since the programming operation of these devices
are radically different and you made no indication of having a more
general purpose solution I thought I would raise the issue.  I am sorry
if you found that insulting in any way. Please accept my apologies.

dp wrote:
>>What you have the CoolRunner will not work for the xc9500 family because >>the configuration algorithms are radically different. > > > Having written the tools from scratch starting with > the logic compiler and ending with the JTAG > access hardware & software, thus my design chain being 100% > self supplied - I would have thought I knew that. > I wonder based on what experience you thought > I did not know. > I offered the guy my help simply because I do have > knowledge way above average on the subject and I might be of > some help at some stage - he would probably know if and > when. > > Dimiter > > ------------------------------------------------------ > Dimiter Popoff Transgalactic Instruments > > http://www.tgi-sci.com > ------------------------------------------------------ >
Thanks everyone for the help!
I'll let you know when I get something going =)
Ben
"Antti Lukats" <antti@openchip.org> wrote in message
> "Benjamin Todd" <benjamin.toddREMOVEALLCAPITALS@cernREMOVEALLCAPITALS.ch> > schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:djkmeg$mdo$1@sunnews.cern.ch... >>I know this isn't exactly comp.arch.cpld... >> >> does anyone know of a COTS solution for programming a (Xilinx) CPLD >> without using PC + Windows + Impact etc etc. (a stand alone chunk of >> hardware with a way for me to give it a set of bit files and a Program >> button would be nice) > > small uclinux modules sell for less than 100EUR. > it takes a few hours to get XSVFplayer to work there. > I use it in desing to program the XC9572XL, the mdoule we used was from > www.dilnetpc.com coldfire based, > but the production has not changed to use small fpga linux modules > (microblaze uclinux) > www.hydraxc.com > > antti >
Thanks for the nice message.
No offence taken, I guess I overreacted a bit. Certainly no need to
apologize.