Modelsim Warning

Started by FPGA February 5, 2008
I am getting the following warning in Modelsim

# ** Warning: Design size of 10053 statements or 1 leaf instances
exceeds ModelSim PE Student Edition recommended capacity.
# Expect performance to be quite adversely affected.

When I run simulations, I do not see any waveforms and it just freezes
there forever. My design size if around 1000 lines. I do have other
vhdl files for other projects. I have Modelsim Student edition.

How do I fix this problem?

Thanks
FPGA wrote:

> # ** Warning: Design size of 10053 statements or 1 leaf instances > exceeds ModelSim PE Student Edition recommended capacity. > # Expect performance to be quite adversely affected.
> How do I fix this problem?
Remove 53 lines or buy a license. -- Mike Treseler
I want to add the ieee_proposed library which can be found at http://www.vhdl.org/vhdl-200x/vhdl-200x-ft/packages/files.html . I was unsuccessfull in adding it the last time, so I just copy pasted the files in the current work directory. Now, I am getting warnings that # ** Warning: Design size of 10053 statements or 1 leaf instances exceeds ModelSim PE Student Edition recommended capacity. # Expect performance to be quite adversely affected. I just found out that the packages in ieee_proposed that I added in the work dir are huge and thats what is causing the problem. Please suggest on how to add this library and also if I would still get the same problems with the size even after adding the packages into a library Thanks
FPGA wrote:

> I just found out that the packages in ieee_proposed that I added in > the work dir are huge and thats what is causing the problem.
Glad you figured it out.
> Please > suggest on how to add this library and also if I would still get the > same problems with the size even after adding the packages into a > library
It won't matter where the library is. You are over the limit of the student license, once you compile it into any library. Pick a simpler project or call Mentor. -- Mike Treseler
On Feb 5, 4:52=A0pm, Mike Treseler <mike_trese...@comcast.net> wrote:
> FPGA wrote: > > I just found out that the packages in ieee_proposed that I added in > > the work dir are huge and thats what is causing the problem. > > Glad you figured it out. > > > Please > > suggest on how to add this library and also if I would still get the > > same problems with the size even after adding the packages into a > > library > > It won't matter where the library is. > You are over the limit of the student license, > once you compile it into any library. > Pick a simpler project or call Mentor. > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0-- Mike Treseler
Which tol do you suggest I use. I work on VHDL and Verilog. I need something very basic.
On Feb 5, 5:04 pm, FPGA <FPGA.unkn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 5, 4:52 pm, Mike Treseler <mike_trese...@comcast.net> wrote: > > > > > FPGA wrote: > > > I just found out that the packages in ieee_proposed that I added in > > > the work dir are huge and thats what is causing the problem. > > > Glad you figured it out. > > > > Please > > > suggest on how to add this library and also if I would still get the > > > same problems with the size even after adding the packages into a > > > library > > > It won't matter where the library is. > > You are over the limit of the student license, > > once you compile it into any library. > > Pick a simpler project or call Mentor. > > > -- Mike Treseler > > Which tol do you suggest I use. I work on VHDL and Verilog. I need > something very basic.
Some companies, for example Xilinx, have full-featured products (i.e. high-demo boards) at very low prices. Perhaps Mentor or some other simulator company would be able to help you. HTH -Dave Pollum