Spartan-6

Started by Antti January 23, 2009
it seems that first references to the upcoming Spartan family are in
the wild already

http://www.linkedin.com/in/ericschristiansen

I assume the spartan-6 mentioned there is not a typo
(actually i am almost sure it isnt)

Antti
I neither find XILINX. spartan or fpga mentioned in that resume. -- Uwe Bonnes bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt --------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------
"Uwe Bonnes" <bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote in message
> Antti <Antti.Lukats@googlemail.com> wrote: >> it seems that first references to the upcoming Spartan family are in >> the wild already > >> http://www.linkedin.com/in/ericschristiansen > >> I assume the spartan-6 mentioned there is not a typo >> (actually i am almost sure it isnt) > > I neither find XILINX. spartan or fpga mentioned in that resume. >
Look harder? Try CTRL-F ? "o Control structure for the digital portion of the transceiver uses an instantiated microBlaze processor running in a Xilinx Spartan 6 FPGA o Component selection for the transceiver Common Public Radio Interface (CPRI) &#4294967295; Selected SFP+ module used for the optical interface, and a Spartan 6 FPGA running CPRI IP to handle the framing, mapping, and interleaving functions " What happened to 4 & 5? HTH., Syms.
"Symon" <symon_brewer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > "Uwe Bonnes" <bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote in message > news:glc2p3$er6$1@lnx107.hrz.tu-darmstadt.de... >> Antti <Antti.Lukats@googlemail.com> wrote: >>> it seems that first references to the upcoming Spartan family are in >>> the wild already >> >>> http://www.linkedin.com/in/ericschristiansen >> >>> I assume the spartan-6 mentioned there is not a typo >>> (actually i am almost sure it isnt) >> >> I neither find XILINX. spartan or fpga mentioned in that resume. >> > > Look harder? Try CTRL-F ? > > "o Control structure for the digital portion of the transceiver uses an > instantiated microBlaze processor running in a Xilinx Spartan 6 FPGA > o Component selection for the transceiver Common Public Radio Interface > (CPRI) > &#4294967295; Selected SFP+ module used for the optical interface, and a Spartan 6 > FPGA running CPRI IP to handle the framing, mapping, and interleaving > functions " > > What happened to 4 & 5?
They could not be made to work with MPMC3 !
> HTH., Syms. >
Michael Kellett
On Jan 23, 12:25=A0pm, "MK" <nos...@please.thanks> wrote:
> "Symon" <symon_bre...@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > news:glc3ro$ken$1@news.motzarella.org... > > > > > > > "Uwe Bonnes" <b...@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote in messag=
> >news:glc2p3$er6$1@lnx107.hrz.tu-darmstadt.de... > >> Antti <Antti.Luk...@googlemail.com> wrote: > >>> it seems that first references to the upcoming Spartan family are in > >>> the wild already > > >>>http://www.linkedin.com/in/ericschristiansen > > >>> I assume the spartan-6 mentioned there is not a typo > >>> (actually i am almost sure it isnt) > > >> I neither find XILINX. spartan or fpga mentioned in that resume. > > > Look harder? Try CTRL-F ? > > > "o Control structure for the digital portion of the transceiver uses an > > instantiated microBlaze processor running in a Xilinx Spartan 6 FPGA > > o Component selection for the transceiver Common Public Radio Interface > > (CPRI) > > =A7 Selected SFP+ module used for the optical interface, and a Spartan =
6
> > FPGA running CPRI IP to handle the framing, mapping, and interleaving > > functions " > > > What happened to 4 & 5? > > They could not be made to work with MPMC3 ! > > > HTH., Syms. > > Michael Kellett
ROTFL sounds like a valid reason Antti
On Jan 23, 11:24=A0am, Antti <Antti.Luk...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> it seems that first references to the upcoming Spartan family are in > the wild already > > http://www.linkedin.com/in/ericschristiansen > > I assume thespartan-6mentioned there is not a typo > (actually i am almost sure it isnt) > > Antti
it seems that printed version of EE Times has already Virtex-6 Spartan-6 advertizments in it. can not verify as do not have yet a print copy the target url should be www.xilinx.com/6 so we should probably see there something pretty soon as Xilinx can not delay the RP announcement any more long when the print ads are alreayd running Antti
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 04:17:42 -0800 (PST), Antti
<Antti.Lukats@googlemail.com> wrote:

>On Jan 23, 11:24&#4294967295;am, Antti <Antti.Luk...@googlemail.com> wrote: >> it seems that first references to the upcoming Spartan family are in >> the wild already
>it seems that printed version of EE Times has already Virtex-6 >Spartan-6 >advertizments in it. can not verify as do not have yet a print copy > >the target url should be > >www.xilinx.com/6 > >so we should probably see there something pretty soon >as Xilinx can not delay the RP announcement any more >long when the print ads are alreayd running
"Everything Changes February 2, 2009 Sign up and be the first to know more about Virtex&#4294967295;-6 and Spartan&#4294967295;-6 FPGA Families." Interesting, the Submit button appears broken, but if you edit "testlinx.com" to "Xilinx.com", the registration may have worked. Not quite ready to go live then... - Brian
Antti wrote:

>> it seems that printed version of EE Times has already Virtex-6 >> Spartan-6 advertizments in it. can not verify as do not have yet a >> print copy
Online version of EE Times has the advertizement. Page 20 of the pdf.
On Jan 29, 1:58=A0am, Brian Drummond <brian_drumm...@btconnect.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 04:17:42 -0800 (PST), Antti > > <Antti.Luk...@googlemail.com> wrote: > >On Jan 23, 11:24=A0am, Antti <Antti.Luk...@googlemail.com> wrote: > >> it seems that first references to the upcoming Spartan family are in > >> the wild already > >it seems that printed version of EE Times has already Virtex-6 > >Spartan-6 > >advertizments in it. can not verify as do not have yet a print copy > > >the target url should be > > >www.xilinx.com/6 > > >so we should probably see there something pretty soon > >as Xilinx can not delay the RP announcement any more > >long when the print ads are alreayd running > > "Everything Changes February 2, 2009 > > Sign up and be the first to know more about Virtex=AE-6 and Spartan=AE-6 > FPGA Families." > > Interesting, the Submit button appears broken, but if you edit > "testlinx.com" to "Xilinx.com", the registration may have worked. > Not quite ready to go live then... > > - Brian
its not broken, was working now. well will see, do they really say "the Spartan-6 with ARM core will be available on digikey on <insert date here>" or please have patience.. the ES samples of arm enabled S-6 silicon will be shipping to EA customers in year 201x ? but only a few days ;) to know this Antti
> What happened to 4 & 5?
Looks like Xilinx marketing want to 'resync' as the Virtex 6 and Spartan 6 (and hey, it's a number higher than Altera so that's worth something in their world, right ;) Anyone seen package choices for Spartan 6 yet ? Are Xilinx going to push prices, or leave the sub $1 / Low power area to Actel ? -jg