Xilinx USB CABLE SCHEMATIC NOW OFFICIALLY PUBLISED !!!! ::) yippii yee

Started by Antti June 27, 2009
Hi :)

for many years Xilinx has tried to HIDE the schematics of the USB
Cable,
but as of today Xilinx has made it public !!!

really good news, no more guessing needed

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/33028.htm

from this page get the archieve, look in the schematics page 14

Antti
Let's hope this schematic is a sign of openness and not a release flaw... -- Uwe Bonnes bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt --------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------
Uwe Bonnes wrote:
> Antti <Antti.Lukats@googlemail.com> wrote: >> Hi :) > >> for many years Xilinx has tried to HIDE the schematics of the USB >> Cable, >> but as of today Xilinx has made it public !!! > >> really good news, no more guessing needed > >> http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/33028.htm > >> from this page get the archieve, look in the schematics page 14 > > Let's hope this schematic is a sign of openness and not a release flaw...
It is not a release flaw, but please observe the note in the upper right hand corner of the schematic. Ed McGettigan -- Xilinx Inc.
On Jun 27, 10:06=A0pm, Ed McGettigan <ed.mcgetti...@xilinx.com> wrote:
> Uwe Bonnes wrote: > > Antti <Antti.Luk...@googlemail.com> wrote: > >> Hi :) > > >> for many years Xilinx has tried to HIDE the schematics of the USB > >> Cable, > >> but as of today Xilinx has made it public !!! > > >> really good news, no more guessing needed > > >>http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/33028.htm > > >> from this page get the archieve, look in the schematics page 14 > > > Let's hope this schematic is a sign of openness and not a release flaw.=
..
> > It is not a release flaw, but please observe the note in the upper right > hand corner of the schematic. > > Ed McGettigan > -- > Xilinx Inc.
yes, thats fine, we have read it :) Antti
What about the software required for the USB chip and CPLD? Is this
included with ISE?

Jon
On Jun 28, 12:59=A0pm, "maxascent" <maxasc...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> What about the software required for the USB chip and CPLD? Is this > included with ISE? > > Jon
yes, if you JUST replicate the hardware ISE should be able to update the CPLD well you need to preprogram the eeprom of course Antti
>On Jun 28, 12:59=A0pm, "maxascent" <maxasc...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: >> What about the software required for the USB chip and CPLD? Is this >> included with ISE? >> >> Jon > >yes, if you JUST replicate the hardware >ISE should be able to update the CPLD >well you need to preprogram the eeprom of course > >Antti >
The content of EEPROM can be read by a simple IC programmer, but there's two problem2,first, how ISE update the CPLD? When conncet cable to host? Or I need to programm the CPLD in ISE? Second, the Cypress USB controller need programmed or not?
On Jul 31, 3:48=A0pm, "markman" <mark...@163.com> wrote:
> >On Jun 28, 12:59=3DA0pm, "maxascent" <maxasc...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > >> What about the software required for the USB chip and CPLD? Is this > >> included with ISE? > > >> Jon > > >yes, if you JUST replicate the hardware > >ISE should be able to update the CPLD > >well you need to preprogram the eeprom of course > > >Antti > > The content of EEPROM can be read by a simple IC programmer, but there's > two problem2,first, how ISE update the CPLD? When conncet cable to host? > Or I need to programm the CPLD in ISE? > =A0Second, the Cypress USB controller need programmed or not?
just program the eeprom ISE does the rest :) some german guys have tested it already.. Antti
On Aug 1, 1:06=A0am, "Antti.Luk...@googlemail.com"
<Antti.Luk...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 31, 3:48=A0pm, "markman" <mark...@163.com> wrote: > > > > > >On Jun 28, 12:59=3DA0pm, "maxascent" <maxasc...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > > >> What about the software required for theUSBchip and CPLD? Is this > > >> included with ISE? > > > >> Jon > > > >yes, if you JUST replicate the hardware > > >ISE should be able to update the CPLD > > >well you need to preprogram the eeprom of course > > > >Antti > > > The content of EEPROM can be read by a simple IC programmer, but there'=
> > two problem2,first, how ISE update the CPLD? When conncetcableto host? > > Or I need to programm the CPLD in ISE? > > =A0Second, the CypressUSBcontroller need programmed or not? > > just program the eeprom > ISE does the rest :) > > some german guys have tested it already.. > > Antti
I have 2 questions: 1) Where can I get the file to program into the EEPROM? 2) What is the easiest way to program this EEPROM without an EEPROM programmer? Or what is the cheapest EEPROM programmer that can be used with the EEPROM for this circuit? Aaron
cypress tools should be able to write the eeprom if you connect an empty one you can also check out this thread at german fpga forums http://www.mikrocontroller.net/topic/142358#new Antti