ISE 8.1i WebPack available

Started by Christopher Cole January 10, 2006
I like the new Xilinx Webpack 8.1i interface under Linux, it works great.
I am running the Webpack under Gentoo Linux with a 2.6.14 kernel.  The
Impact tool works well with the parallel port under Linux.  I updated the
Gentoo HOWTO-Xilinx at:

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Xilinx

with the steps that I took to get everything installed and working properly,
including the kernel modules needed to get the parallel port JTAG working.

Take care,
-Chris

--
 /> Christopher Cole                         <\                           <\
<<  Cole Design and Development               \\  email: cole@coledd.com   \\
On Suse 10.0 with Kernel 2.6.13-15.7-default, Windriver WD700.tgz didn't compile. Insight UK offers a free download for WD702 after registration: http://shop.directinsight.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=722 udev is active on my Suse machine, I didn't have to disable it for windriver to compile, so perhaps with 702 your FAQ needs to be revised with regards to udev. I hope XILINX will use ppdev for parallel port access sometimes, like libusb could be used for the USB access. This windriver things is a constant source of trouble... I didn't had to change the DISPLAY variable as I had before up to 7.1. Is setting $DISPLAY to :0 still needed on your setup? Bye -- Uwe Bonnes bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt --------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------
Christopher Cole schrieb:
> I like the new Xilinx Webpack 8.1i interface under Linux, it works great. > I am running the Webpack under Gentoo Linux with a 2.6.14 kernel.
AFAIK, the Win32 version of the Webpack contains Modelsim. Does the Linux version contain it too? Bye Tom
Modelsim has to be downloaded and licensed seperately.

Leon

Thomas Reinemann <Thomas.Reinemann@masch-bau.uni-magdeburg.de> writes:
> AFAIK, the Win32 version of the Webpack contains Modelsim.
No, it's a separate download.
> Does the Linux version contain it too?
The Xilinx edition is only available for Windows. AFAIK Webpack includes ISE Simulator on both Windows and Linux.
You don't need the DISPLAY :0 for ise project navigator and impact but
you still need it for almost all the other progz (PACE, FPGA editor,
FloorPlanner etc).

Mehdi