Where is the xilinx online store gone?

Started by Unknown April 15, 2006
Hi Antti,

For the small story, the 10,000 signatures petition was said because of
this:
Here in north america, we had a TV show which was cancelled for some
time (family guy) and after some lobbying from the fan base (10,000
names), it was said and is now aired again on TV. Just to tell you that
it indeed might work. On the other hand, the chances are slim as some
people at X might loose their faces... how do you think the people at
Avnet would take it, if you said something one day, did it and came
back on your words another day. It will be a hard decision for them,
the high authority at X, and I think that their decision,
unfortunately, is one which is definitive.

My point now is to work toward a practical solution with the smart guys
at Xilinx. I am just realistic and the chances to see back our dear
online shop is very small. We need now a reliable and stable, prototype
or small volume or qty, call it any name, supplier that can provide us,
anywhere in the world, with any Xilinx Spartan3 FPGA chips or at least,
the range that the Xilinx online shop use to have, and that at a
reasonable price. As this is a call, make it also for Spartan3E and
Spartan4.

When this will be done, then it will stand up for their motto: "Make it
your ASIC" or "Generation Spartan3E", but til then, these same words
say: We are people who will definitely look at our own interests
without caring for our fan base.

Cheers
Jacques

and we can suggest that they accept Paypal !..
we can dream ;)

<jaxato@gmail.com> a &#4294967295;crit dans le message de
> Hi everyone, > > As I was buying some components from the Xilinx online store this > morning, I noticed that they no longer support silicon device anymore. > It seems that it is now AVNET that is taking care of distributing > Xilinx FPGA online. The worse thing is that the price is more > expensive, and they do not have all the parts that Xilinx use to offer > (the part I am looking for specially). > Now i've got a few questions for the Xilinx people out there. Is it > really true or if it not, then what is the updated link for your online > section. > > Many thanks > Jacques >
maybe someone can do a complaign "letter" and everybody send it to an xilinx
customer email ..?

they must not forget that many home users, are work users ..
i do the choice at my work of wich FPGA i want use ..
( even if i know that i'm not the bigger customer ! )

regard's
philippe

"Labo.EKO" <labo.eko***nospam***@free.fr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> maybe someone can do a complaign "letter" and everybody send it to an > xilinx > customer email ..? > > they must not forget that many home users, are work users .. > i do the choice at my work of wich FPGA i want use .. > ( even if i know that i'm not the bigger customer ! ) > > > regard's > philippe >
it would not help or do any good :( Antti
Do not give up!
I'll soon find out whether I can have a bit of influence...
Peter Alfke

"Peter Alfke" <alfke@sbcglobal.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Do not give up! > I'll soon find out whether I can have a bit of influence... > Peter Alfke >
:) no! if you did read my other reply then well I tired to give you as much ammo as I could. I really do think that immediate direct no-hassle sample/small qty silicon device ordering system is a very important 'decision factor' when choosing silicon vendor. At the times when Xilinx online shop did carry silicon devices I quite often loggen in to calculate BOM pricing for several different project. None of them is completed but the next one could have been. Antti
Peter Alfke schrieb:
> Do not give up! > I'll soon find out whether I can have a bit of influence... > Peter Alfke
Having a Xilinx online Store is a good option, but if Xilinx does not want to handle the logistics for that themselves there is another option. Xilinx could acquire small distributors in addition to Avnet/Silica. Silica told me outright in the face that they do not like to handle small customers like me, so why force them to do that? A small distributor with less company overhead often can service small customers a lot better than the huge players. Kolja Sulimma
On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 12:03:56 +0200, Kolja Sulimma <news@sulimma.de> wrote:

>Peter Alfke schrieb: >> Do not give up! >> I'll soon find out whether I can have a bit of influence... >> Peter Alfke > >Having a Xilinx online Store is a good option, but if Xilinx >does not want to handle the logistics for that themselves there >is another option. >Xilinx could acquire small distributors in addition to Avnet/Silica. >Silica told me outright in the face that they do not like to handle >small customers like me, so why force them to do that? > >A small distributor with less company overhead often can service small >customers a lot better than the huge players. >
Doesn't have to be small, just differently targeted - e.g. Digikey, Mouser.
Mike Harrison schrieb:

> Doesn't have to be small, just differently targeted - e.g. Digikey, Mouser.
Those carry only a portion of the devices, usually stocking them. I need someone who also orders parts with long lead time for me, but without whining that I only want 100 parts. Kolja Sulimma

Antti Lukats wrote:

>Digikey should not be considered as any choice (getting Xilinx silicon) - >Digikey >is great to occasionally check overall thumb guess component pricing and >availability. >It is ok to buy from digikey for small series, but then all components >should be >purchased for the full production span as any components that used to be >available >on Digikey may disappear anytime without notice. I had a project that was >covered >almost 100% from components available at Digikey, at the time it was ready >for >production most of those parts from the BOM where dropped by Digikey. > > >
Digi-Key will sell you just about anything Xilinx makes, but they have high minimum orders on a LOT of the parts, now. (This is all from the web, there's practically nothing in the catalog any more.) Some of the minimum orders were in the $10K range, I think, when I scanned through a bunch of parts trying to figure out what the HELL they were up to. It made no sense to me at the time. I have found a vendor in Australia that has good stock and much better prices than anybody in the US, and no minimum. There are also some Hong Kong/Taiwan "distributors" that have such low prices, I assume the parts have to be counterfeit. I'm too scared to try any of those! Jon