FPGARelated.com
Forums

Activating CH7301 on SP605 board #xilinx #vhdl

Started by ajellis 6 years ago2 replieslatest reply 6 years ago253 views

Hello

I am working on a project using the SP605 for a video application. Currently I'm trying to output a picture via the DVI output which is driven by a CH7301 DVI driver chip. After reading the data sheet it is evident that I need to write 0xC0 to register 0x49.

What is puzzling me is that when I run the demo from the CF card included with the SP605 kit, I see no activity on the I2C interface to the CH7301. I have trawled through the source code I have downloaded for the SP605 has a lot of verilog code (I'm not familiar with verilog as I've learnt VHDL), and there are references to a picoblaze mcu but I cannot find the source code for picoblaze firmware which I suspect is what activates the CH7301 and generates the image for the DVI output.

My questions are: where can I find the picoblaze firmware for the sp605 demo project? And does anyone know how the sp605 demo project activates the CH7301 and generates the image. If so could you provide me with some hints please?

Thanks in advance

Andrew
[ - ]
Reply by josybSeptember 29, 2018

Andrew,

It is perfectly possible that the CH7301 device is operated in default mode i.e. using the default values in the registers as it starts after Reset.

Regards,

Josy

[ - ]
Reply by ajellisSeptember 29, 2018

Hi Josy

Thank you for your reply.

My investigation into this is ongoing. As soon as I have something concrete I'll post the info for the benefit of others.

Andrew