FPGARelated.com
Forums

ML310 board by Xilinx

Started by rbeekhuijzen 4 years ago5 replieslatest reply 4 years ago155 views
Recently I came into the possession of a ML310 (Virtex-II Pro) board made by Xilinx. IT is an old board and unfortunately, except for a few User Guides nothing can be found at Xilinx.

Is there anybody out there that might have a copy of the CD that came with the board?

Thanks in advance!!

Robert

[ - ]
Reply by nuriaordunaDecember 2, 2019

Hi Robert,

I guess you have already found that?
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ug068.pdf 

Regarding the tools, you could possibly sign up and do a download request as it's mentioned in that forum post https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/ISE-Foundation-7-1-download/td-p/742167 

The Virtex-II family are no longer supported in Vivado. 

Hope this helps :)

cheers,

Núria

[ - ]
Reply by rbeekhuijzenDecember 2, 2019

Hello Núria,

I did find the ug068.pdf. 
But as you suggested, I have filled in the request form and hopefully something will turn up.

I still have an ancient ISE that does support the Virtex-II family (on a even old PC.... :-)

If anything turns up I'll post the result here.

Thanks for the tip! 

[ - ]

Hi Robert,

if you already have the ISE, you should be able to select and configure your project for that specific development board (instead of selecting the virtex part). That is useful for pinout selection process (although you can find that on the ug086.pdf as well). 

What else do you need that you can't find on the documentation?

cheers

Núria

[ - ]
Reply by rbeekhuijzenDecember 2, 2019

I was hoping to find some examples and reference designs for the board. I'm especially interested in the Power PC core and the PCI connection on the board.

Best Regards,

Robert

[ - ]

If you generate the cores you are interested in and create the example design, that will create the example design for that specific board. You just need to select the board that you want to design with eg. ML310 :)

That is a functionality in Vivado, and I'm pretty sure that already existed in ISE. But I may be mistaken... It's been a long time that I don't use ISE :( 

Núria